It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 09:34

Previous  1, 2 New Topic Add Reply
Re: Wet Wading Pants
Post 02 Dec 2020, 14:16 • #26 
Guide
My preference is the Columbia type rip-stop nylon pants with zipper-removable legs.
90% of the time I wear them full-length to help protect my legs against the many unpleasant natural wonders I have experienced on fishing trips over the years: thorns, thistles, burning weed, sawgrass, poison ivy, sharp submerged branches and barnacles, mosquitoes, black files, fire ants, horseflies, spiders and noseums.
Full-length pants give me that added confidence to explore fishing spots I might avoid if wearing only shorts, which in turn adds to my fishing fun factor.

Post 02 Dec 2020, 23:18 • #27 
Kuhl Renegade pants have been the best option for me bushwacking in the southern Appalachians. They are lightweight but stand up to kneeling/sitting on granite, dry quickly and are rated for sun protection. My pair looks new after a year of fishing and casual wear (because they are comfortable and fit well too).

Also, my first post here on the forums. Grateful to have learned a great deal from the knowledge of those on here, thus far!

Post 03 Dec 2020, 00:27 • #28 
Guide
Wet wade seven months out of our nine month trout season. Have been using convertible hiking pants from Columbia and North Face. North Face ones are a little heavier material. Pick up most of them used on eBay for very reasonable prices. Protect you from the sun, numerous sharp objects, noxious plants and sand flies.

Post 05 Dec 2020, 22:34 • #29 
Guide
I've been using the Columbia Silver Ridge stretch pants, which come in a pretty wide range of waist/inseam animations. Only problem I've had with (all of) them is the back left pocket comes unstitched. Otherwise, performance is ace.

Post 06 Dec 2020, 11:08 • #30 
Guide
Try EMS camp cargo or Karrimor zip leg pants from Bobs Stores or EMS. Sometime on sale cheap especially in stores but the ems pants are rugged summer weight polyester and hold up.

Previous  1, 2 New Topic Add Reply