It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 06:15

New Topic Add Reply
Tapatalk issues
Post 08 Apr 2020, 09:42 • #1 
Master Guide
Anyone else having problems with Tapatalk not working? For months now I try to log in to this forum and I'll see the preview of a post but then once I click, I get blank threads. Can't see anything, pictures, words, all of it. What gives? This is the only forum that does this. I've uninstalled, reinstalled, deleted, added, everything.

Re: Tapatalk issues
Post 08 Apr 2020, 11:51 • #2 
Piscator
Months ago it was addressed on the forum.
The problem is with tapatalk ownership allowing their venue to die a slow death.
Admin streamlined the board to work better on phone browsers, and even added a photo upload and permanent photo archive.

Post 08 Apr 2020, 11:52 • #3 
Administrator
Tapatalk has not kept their software current. When we updated our site and began using more secure software, Tapatalk stopped working.

Our site is more mobile friendly now. Please use a browser software to visit instead of Tapatalk. I realize this isn't as convenient for people that visit many forums.

Tom

Post 08 Apr 2020, 12:55 • #4 
Master Guide
Well, that's certainly sad

Post 08 Apr 2020, 16:52 • #5 
Glass Fanatic
Yes, sad that Tapatalk is self-imploding. Would like to know why that are making their choices.

Post 08 Apr 2020, 20:23 • #6 
Administrator
Probably because Tapatalk's market is shrinking. Forums are less prevalent than a decade ago. Forum software is more friendly to mobile users. They are squeezed from two directions. To keep up they should continually improve their app. Tapatalk hasn't done anything significant and new for years.

For what it is worth, we did everything Tapatalk recommended to get their service running here. None of it worked. In addition, I pay the hosting fees for the forum, so members don't have to put up with ads. Tapatalk serves ads over the forum content when it is working. I can assure you, they don't share any of that money.

In summary, the only thing I get from providing Tapatalk access is grief from upset users (honestly, I can't blame them for being upset). Don't be surprised if I pull the plug on it after this year is over. For me the hassle isn't worth it.

Tom

Post 09 Apr 2020, 19:30 • #7 
Glass Fanatic
Thanks for the information Tom. Time will tell, it always does.

New Topic Add Reply