It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:44

New Topic Add Reply
Post 30 Mar 2020, 10:38 • #1 
Glass Fanatic
I don't know if it's my imagination but it seems RECENTLY I've noticed that some of the horizontal lines separating Topics within a Discussion and also on the Board Index are darker/thicker/bold-er than others, similar to the look you get when you hide horizontal rows in Excel.

Is anyone seeing that? What does that mean as my pea brain can't figure it out.

Thanks in advance for any insight provided!

Post 30 Mar 2020, 12:50 • #2 
Glass Fanatic
Might be setting on your browser, I'm not seeing that on Firefox Windows desktop.

Post 30 Mar 2020, 13:40 • #3 
Glass Fanatic
Trev wrote:
Might be setting on your browser, I'm not seeing that on Firefox Windows desktop.

I'm using Firefox as well.

Here's what it looks like on my PC (look under the Topic, "Me and the Dogs...")

Post 30 Mar 2020, 14:07 • #4 
Administrator
My SWAG is an in-between magnification setting on FireFox.

Hit CTRL-0 (the digit zero, not the letter O) to return your browser to 100% magnification. If everything on screen gets smaller then your browser was set at a magnified view.

If that magnified view was way easier to see, hit CTRL-+ (the +/= key). Hit the key to keep magnifying the view until you are comfortable.

If the 100% view is too magnified for you, you are likely too young to be a member of this forum.

Tom

Post 30 Mar 2020, 14:16 • #5 
Glass Fanatic
jgestar wrote:
My SWAG is an in-between magnification setting on FireFox.

Hit CTRL-0 (the digit zero, not the letter O) to return your browser to 100% magnification. If everything on screen gets smaller then your browser was set at a magnified view.

BINGO!! Thanks!

jgestar wrote:
If that magnified view was way easier to see, hit CTRL-+ (the +/= key). Hit the key to keep magnifying the view until you are comfortable.

If the 100% view is too magnified for you, you are likely too young to be a member of this forum.

Tom

:lol

Post 30 Mar 2020, 14:45 • #6 
Administrator
It's a good sign that you only noticed this on FFR... as it means you come here more than any other site. :)

Other than View » Zoom, this could also be caused by using custom (or incorrect) display settings.

These "lines" are 1 pixel wide. It is not possible to make this smaller, if this option is chosen. In this case, random "lines" may disappear. Unless it is magnified by a multiple of 100%, this will cause apparently random "line" widths.

("line" is in inverted commas, because in some places, this is a line, and in other places it is the absence of another element.)

There is also a feature, which I think is unique to Firefox, and this is to zoom only the text. All settings are available from View » Zoom.

Post 30 Mar 2020, 14:55 • #7 
Glass Fanatic
I use my PC for a lot of things (don't we all) with a lot of time spent (besides browsing FFR ;)) writing and scoring music in software.

Because of that, I am constantly zooming my software & browser to see tiny musical symbols, read bad scores or align stuff in my software. I guess I just forgot to zero out the browser the last time or thought I was back to 100% when I wasn't.

In any case, I won't forget this lesson!!

Post 30 Mar 2020, 15:19 • #8 
Administrator
Music and FFR works! :)

A few years ago, I thought that it might be a good idea to get a larger monitor... and I still have not done this! I sit down, and become engrossed in whatever I am doing at the time...

It's good to ask questions, because it may help people who are too shy/scared to ask, either now, or in the future.

Glad it was a simple fix!

New Topic Add Reply