It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 17:42

New Topic Add Reply
Is it just me or
Post 25 Mar 2020, 17:57 • #1 
Guide
does anyone else feel this way ? Since joining this forum I have been on the lookout for another glass rod but not sure what I want . I will know it when I see it . Now , when I go to the rods for sale section and click on a rod and there is no picture I just move on . I dont want to email or PM for pictures , it's a waste of time in my opinion . It's not hard to post pictures and if one can text or email a picture one can certainly learn to post them here . So am I the only one that feels this way ? Thanks for reading .

Last edited by jigsup on 25 Mar 2020, 20:23, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Is it just me or
Post 25 Mar 2020, 18:05 • #2 
Glass Fanatic
it's not just you.

Post 25 Mar 2020, 18:39 • #3 
Glass Fanatic
FS and Wanted are member courtesies. We aren't a retail catalog, and sales aren't the primary purpose of FFR. Some who take advantage of FS include pictures; some don't. The seller chooses how to handle this, and probably each has his reasons.

Post 25 Mar 2020, 18:43 • #4 
Administrator
The point that I take from this topic is that if a seller is not willing to put in a bit of an effort, then neither are the potential buyers. The sellers who opt not to post pictures lose out.

Post 25 Mar 2020, 18:45 • #5 
Glass Fanatic
Admin wrote:
The point that I take from this topic is that if a seller is not willing to put in a bit of an effort, then neither are the potential buyers. The sellers who opt not to post pictures lose out.

That's what I take from it as well...

Post 25 Mar 2020, 19:03 • #6 
Piscator
that's pretty accurate

Post 25 Mar 2020, 19:22 • #7 
Glass Fanatic
Take a look at Shane’s photos of his Graywolf rods. Beautiful photography. Similar care goes into his rod building and customer service.

Last edited by Newfydog on 25 Mar 2020, 21:00, edited 1 time in total.

Post 25 Mar 2020, 20:25 • #8 
Guide
Admin wrote:

EXACTLY And I didnt put that rods for sale in ads need pics in the title so........BUT I did delete it

Post 25 Mar 2020, 21:15 • #9 
Glass Fanatic
I'm not really in the market for another rod, but I always look and it's always possible that one might strike my fancy- If I saw it. For sure I won't bother to email or text for a piece that only has passing interest, but a sharp photo might raise my interest.
Not long ago I could understand the poster's reluctance to deal with a photo host and all the aggravation of posting pictures to this forum, I mentioned a couple of times in the past that the forum needed direct image posting. But with the new setup that Admin installed it's as easy to post the picture as it is to type "email me for pictures". My guess is not everyone has figured out or knows about the direct image embeds from whatever machine they are typing on.
If I didn't say it before, thanks for that upgrade Admin & jgestar

Post 25 Mar 2020, 21:51 • #10 
Administrator
Trev wrote:
If I didn't say it before, thanks for that upgrade Admin & jgestar

That feature was completely from Admin. He convinced me it was a good idea and then he implemented it. He gets all the Kudos for it.

Even better, if you want to send a donation his way, we have that Donate button on the page now (keep scrolling down - it's near the bottom).

Tom

Post 26 Mar 2020, 09:22 • #11 
Glass Fanatic
I have bought or inquired without pics .But I had at least a good idea of what the item was.If you see a rod listed you know and want it is worth the time to wait for pics.If your just window shopping then why worry.Lots of places to do that.I donate a little when I list here.Have yet to sell anything tho..

Post 26 Mar 2020, 09:40 • #12 
Guide
If I have something to sell I always post some pictures. Maybe not the best pictures but you can get a good idea of what the item for sale looks like. Seems to me that if you want to sell it giving a potential buyer as much information as possible is a good thing. With the new picture thingy it's a piece of cake.

Tom

Post 26 Mar 2020, 09:47 • #13 
Glass Fanatic
I have thought several times of posting a rod for sale, but I didn't have a way of posting pictures. With the new way of posting pictures that Admin provided, I will probably be selling off a few of my many rods in the near future.

Larry

Post 30 Mar 2020, 13:31 • #14 
Sport
I am one of those that tried to figure out the photos before the new system, and was frustrated and didn’t want to deal with it. I don’t always get to visit the site as much a I would like to and was unaware of the new photo system. I recently posted two rods for sale and didn’t realize that some were so offended by the “email me for pictures” statement. I read all the posts and I can see your points about wanting to see pictures, or that a picture just might be the trigger for a sale. I agree, however, in my case, I can assure you that it isn’t because I’m lazy, or I don’t care about selling my rod or if the person buying the rod likes it or not. I do. It is simply that I didn’t want to deal with a third party host to post pictures and I didn’t realize that it the statement “email me for pictures” offered some people. I have since discovered the new system and have compressed my photos and added them to my listing. Thank you for the new system; it’s so nice to be able to post straight off my phone.

Post 30 Mar 2020, 14:54 • #15 
Administrator
Due to the comments posted within this topic (thanks), the forum guide was modified to try and improve this situation.

Quote:
  • The item must be well described and photos are recommended
  • Items listed with photographs generally achieve better results. Now, this is as easy as 1,2,3

The first line already existed. The second line was added.

At the moment, 258 people are now using FFR's own image hosting.

The aim was to improve things for everyone and it seems that this is being achieved. :)

New Topic Add Reply