It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 07:02

New Topic Add Reply
Post 29 Aug 2019, 17:21 • #1 
Guide
Has anyone used Google Photos to host photos and then posted them into threads? I have the URL of the photos and insert them into my draft between text but must click on the link in the draft preview to see the photo. In otherwords the photos don't appear in the thread automatically. URLs of photo ending with .jpg and encased in img /img don't work either and a error icon appears like a TV screen with x in it with word 'Image" after. I suppose I am doing something wrong or should not be using Google Photos but posting photos on this message board is extremely difficult unIess you use PhotoBucket, which I have not tried. Is there a way to add html code to the photo's URL to get it to miraculously appear?

Post 29 Aug 2019, 17:53 • #2 
Piscator
I didn't think google did that any more - I had to download all my google photos before they shut down google+

You can always try right-clicking, copy image address and see if that will paste a .jpg, but I'm pretty sure gmail etc is set up so photos can't be copied.
Have you tried Imgur for your photoserver?

Post 29 Aug 2019, 21:10 • #3 
Guide
I have been using Imgur and have been very happy with it. I am not a tech wizard and I find the site very easy to use.

Mike

Post 01 Sep 2019, 00:21 • #4 
Guide
Thanks everyone for your thoughtful replies. My son who is a programmer showed me how to post photos from Google Photos.
1. Using your preferred editing program save the photo in the appropriate size as described in "Posting Photos" on Fiberglassflyrodders.
2. Put photo in a Album Archive in Google Photos.
3. From now on use Google Chrome as your browser.
4. Click on photo in Google Photo and and it expands to larger image.
5. Put cursor over image and Right Click and choose "Copy Image Address"
6. Go to your Fiberglassflyrodders post and add img bracket in your post where you want it placed then right click and "paste" photo.

New Topic Add Reply