It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 08:34

New Topic Add Reply
2019 Michi-Glass.
Post 08 Mar 2019, 18:21 • #1 
Master Guide
There will be a Michi-Glass again this year. Same location. A one day affair to be held on Sunday, June 23rd. I've scaled it back to one day and streamlined it in the sense of not supplying food for lunchtime. I will provide coffee and donuts in the morning along with water throughout the day. Depending on your opinions received here, I will bring charcoal to the gathering and start it up around 11:00 AM if enough people want to bring their own food, plates, table service etc. There will be no formal casting competition, but I will bring the stuff (tarp, targets, casting flies etc.) to have one anyway, but someone else other than myself will have to take charge and set their own rules. Things were not as hectic for me last year and for a number of years a lot more fun, so I'm going back to a similar format that Gregg Barckholtz originally envisioned. Two other changes of note are: The starting time will be at 10:00 AM, and the other is that ALCOHOL WILL BE PERMITTED. There has been a misunderstanding over the years that due to a sign in the pavilion stating "No Alcohol Permitted". I learned last year in a conversation with the caretaker that the sign was aimed at minors, not adults. So if you are inclined, by all means you can bring your own beer or the more potent stuff. I will not be supplying glasses but ice will be in the the cooler if you want it for the hard stuff on the rocks. I will have my rod racks to perch your rigs in as well. It will end, when it will end, but not so late that it interferes with fishing.
I will make postings as needed, but I think that most of you know the drill (lodging, restaurants and the like) but if anyone needs more information, just chime in here and I'll respond here.
One more thing. The whole day will be a swap meet as well. So if you like horse trading bring your stuff to bargain with. A lot of stuff changes hands each year and I believe this year will be no different.

See you there!
Mark McKellip
PS: No registration. If you want to make a donation towards my efforts, by all means, but there will be no fees for attending.

Re: 2019 Michi-Glass.
Post 10 Mar 2019, 14:13 • #2 
Sport
Looking forward to it as always Mark. See you there.

Jim

Post 31 Mar 2019, 08:11 • #3 
Being a rookie and just curious, where is this held? Sounds like a good time so might have to see what's on the agenda for June.

Post 31 Mar 2019, 10:38 • #4 
Master Guide
The location is at Warbler's Hideaway, 2704 Lovells Rd., Grayling, MI. 49738.
Although it is a Grayling address, it is actually about 17 miles northeast of Grayling, about 7 miles south of the village of Lovells MI.

Post 31 Mar 2019, 10:52 • #5 
Thank you sir, appreciate it!

Post 21 Apr 2019, 18:52 • #6 
Inactive
Bingo. I love lovells. First time I met rusty was in lovells. I will make a massive effort to be there.

Post 27 May 2019, 11:06 • #7 
Master Guide
Just a note to encourage anyone who wants to attend this event that it has been a great time each year. Even scaled back to one day the Michi-Glass event and others like it offer an amazing opportunity to try different fiberglass fly rods as well as a number of different fly lines. One learns so much just from test casting, not to mention trading ideas with those who attend.

Bring some gear and drop in to the conclave. Each year some nice rods are on hand with some also available for sale or trade.

Thanks to Mark for keeping this event going. See you in June.

Post 28 May 2019, 13:37 • #8 
Guide
Lord willin', I'll be there.

Pete Magas

Post 21 Jun 2019, 06:44 • #9 
Guide
Any chance someone will be bringing a ********* 5 weight? Sounds like I need to try one.

Post 24 Jun 2019, 21:11 • #10 
Master Guide
A selection of 2019 event Photographs. These photographs do not nearly cover the custom and factory built rods on hand. Quality fiberglass rods both vintage and modern represented. A fantastic time. Interesting conversations were had with couple of dozen or more fine gentlemen who attended. Cast a few old favorites and several rods that were new to me.

Later a rare 1967 built rod appeared for a visit.

Great to see those at the Michi-Glass. Thank you Mark for another fun event.

Post 25 Jun 2019, 11:59 • #11 
Glass Fanatic
Thanks for great photos! Sorry I missed it.

New Topic Add Reply