It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 09:58

New Topic Add Reply
Yuhina illustrations!
Post 18 Sep 2008, 06:37 • #1 
Guide
I've been out of pocket on the board for a while now with my Minnesota trip and then catching up with work and I don't know if anyone has posted this or not but for those of you who have not seen the latest issue of "Fly Rod & Reel", our very own great illustrator Yuhina has two beautiful illustrations in there. Pick one up and enjoy his stunning work. Congratulations Mark!

Mike

Yuhina illustrations!
Post 18 Sep 2008, 14:29 • #2 
Glass Fanatic
Thank you very much for the kind words, Mike! I just saw it today ... and it is a good surprise to me too! Mike, as you know I am a big fan of your illustrations, got a compliment from you probably will make me several sleepless nights. : )

Yuhina illustrations!
Post 19 Sep 2008, 02:46 • #3 
Emeritus
Congratulations Mark. You deserve all the accolades ... you are a talented and gifted man. For those who aren't aware, our own graewolf (Mike) is also a very talented illustrator. I am lucky enough to have samples of both of their work and I am proud to know them.

Yuhina illustrations!
Post 19 Sep 2008, 21:14 • #4 
Glass Fanatic
Thanks Howard,

I do have a great artwork from graewolf (Mike). I am so lucky.
Here is graewolf's awesome artworks on the internet ... http://www.new-work.com/mrthumb.htm
I wish Mike don't mind I post them here ...

Yuhina illustrations!
Post 20 Sep 2008, 00:24 • #5 
Master Guide
Mark congratulations man! I haven't seen the illustrations yet but I'll buy Fly Rod and Reel right away. FR&R is my favorite mag anyways with Ted Williams, Gierach, Bob White and now Yuhina it's bound to become the next Gray's sporting journal. Awesome!

Yuhina illustrations!
Post 20 Sep 2008, 00:46 • #6 
Master Guide
Congratulations! Next thing we'll know, you'll be macking like James Prosek ... Image

Yuhina illustrations!
Post 20 Sep 2008, 00:58 • #7 
Guide
LoL!,
'Macking Prosek ... '
-Jim

Yuhina illustrations!
Post 20 Sep 2008, 01:41 • #8 
Administrator
Creationbear ... that may be the most humorous thing you have ever wrote. I thought I was the only one to notice that about his writing. HA ... yuhina ... I agree ... Gray's Sporting Journal will be your next stop. We hope.

Yuhina illustrations!
Post 20 Sep 2008, 03:29 • #9 
Master Guide
Don't laugh: I'm sitting here trying to think of ways of getting Rhianna or Xtina to be the face of the "Little Yuhina" (tm) clothing line ...

Yuhina illustrations!
Post 20 Sep 2008, 03:54 • #10 
Glass Fanatic
Thanks for the kind words. Friends. I think I got a beginner's luck ... hopefully there are some works coming this winter ... : )
Jon ... I might need translator ... @@

Yuhina illustrations!
Post 20 Sep 2008, 06:52 • #11 
Piscator
haven't read a fly-fishing rag in 20 years, but I'll be looking for this one

Yuhina illustrations!
Post 21 Sep 2008, 13:32 • #12 
Beautiful illustrations. I was excited when I read the editor's column and saw Mark Yuhina listed as the artist featured in their Traver Award contributions, and turned to this section first. Congratulations, and I look forward to seeing more of your work in the future.

Yuhina illustrations!
Post 23 Sep 2008, 12:05 • #13 
Glass Fanatic
I buy Fly Rod and Reel to read Gierach and a couple other things. Tonight I bought a copy to see your beautiful artwork. I also like Bob White's work that graces Gierach's articles. I'll write to them to say we want more Yuhina!

Yuhina illustrations!
Post 23 Sep 2008, 14:10 • #14 
Glass Fanatic
Thanks friends ... I really appreciate the encouragements and the "extremely" kind words. I really think I am just have too much beginner's lucky!And Lucky enough to be able to hanging out with friends and family in this great forum. The weather here is cooling down, ... it's about time to paint again ... I will post more works here in the near futurn. Thanks! Mark

Yuhina illustrations!
Post 23 Sep 2008, 15:05 • #15 
Emeritus
Congratulations. I really wish I had bought some of your paintings before you became famous.

Yuhina illustrations!
Post 23 Sep 2008, 17:34 • #16 
Glass Fanatic
ribs1 wrote:
Congratulations. I really wish I had bought some of your paintings before you became famous.

i'm with ribs. and mark, it has little to do with luck. i envy your talent. i can only draw stick men and my 8 year old son has been able to draw, write, print, and color better than me for for a few years now. ya, i know there are plenty of good artists that don't get any notoriety, so maybe luck does come in to play. nonetheless, you've got skills! keep up the good work. -mike

Yuhina illustrations!
Post 24 Sep 2008, 11:42 • #17 
Global Moderator
Mark,
Congratulations on the well deserved spotlight. For those of us with little artistic talent, your work expresses what we feel and enjoy in the outdoors. Your ability to capture those beautiful images is amazing. Cherish your gift and please keep sharing with us.

Doug

Yuhina illustrations!
Post 24 Sep 2008, 13:25 • #18 
Master Guide
I hope that my copy is in my mailbox when I get home from work!

New Topic Add Reply