It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 19:55

New Topic Add Reply
Lamiglas factory outlet
Post 27 Aug 2008, 12:14 • #1 
Glass Fanatic
Howdy! Today I was blasting along I-5 in Washington State, halfway between Longview WA and Portland OR, when I whizzed past a Lamiglas factory outlet. Any of you folks ever been in there? Are there good deals on glass blanks in the store? I am in Portland for one more day, and can run up there if it is worth while. Any got some feedback on this store?

Thanks!

wacokid54

Lamiglas factory outlet
Post 27 Aug 2008, 12:42 • #2 
Master Guide
The Lamiglas factory is visible from the I-5 in Woodland Washington; Anglers Workshop is right next door so you could double the fun if you stopped for a visit. G.Loomis is in Woodland also if your into the graphite thing ... Too bad you have only one day left in Portland, Steelheading on the Sandy River can be decent this time of year and it's literally just a 10 min drive or so from SE portland. If you took route 26 towards Sandy you'd pass the Saracione reel shop which might be pretty neat to check out. Kaufman's Streamborn is down in Tigard and of course Snake Brand is in Battle Ground WA. Your in the belly of the beast manImage

Lamiglas factory outlet
Post 05 Sep 2008, 12:05 • #3 
Guide
I wonder what they want for their FL904. That's a 7 1/2' - 4 weight - 2 piece, honey colored blank. I'd be willing to trade something for that one.

Lamiglas factory outlet
Post 05 Sep 2008, 15:53 • #4 
Administrator
Joe,

You can get them online at a reasonable price, for instance, check these links to the honey Lamis at Angler's Workshop and Custom Tackle (bottom of the page). Mudhole carries them too, but their site is down at the moment, so I can't get a link. The two piece Lamiglas glass blanks are the value leaders of the market. Kettle Creek glass blanks are in the same price range too.

Tom

Lamiglas factory outlet
Post 06 Sep 2008, 00:05 • #5 
Guide
jgestar wrote:
Joe,

You can get them online at a reasonable price, for instance, check these links to the honey Lamis at Angler's Workshop and Custom Tackle (bottom of the page). Mudhole carries them too, but their site is down at the moment, so I can't get a link. The two piece Lamiglas glass blanks are the value leaders of the market. Kettle Creek glass blanks are in the same price range too.

Thanks Tom,
I think I've found that you can order direct from Lamiglas too.

Tom

Lamiglas factory outlet
Post 01 Oct 2008, 01:45 • #6 
Glass Fanatic
Well, I stopped in to the Lamiglas factory outlet yesterday. They had a barrel of S-Glass blanks for $60.00 each, and two of their glass Spring Creek series rods 7 1/2 foot #4 with no warranty for $120. That was the extent of the glass inventory. Tons of spinning rods for sale. Anglers Workshop next door was an interestng place. Small shop out front, warehouse space out back. Good guys in there, including the owner. Anglers workshop catalog comes out next month. Sign up on the web if you want one.

wacokid54

Lamiglas factory outlet
Post 01 Oct 2008, 03:58 • #7 
Administrator
wacokid54 wrote:
They had a barrel of S-Glass blanks for $60.00 each, ...
Do you have any details about those S-glass blanks? I've got an 8 foot, 5/6ish weight rod made on an old Lami S-glass blank. It's a nice, pleasant casting action. If these rod blanks were from the same period, I would snap them up at $60 each. Is there someone at the factory store we could call?

Tom

Lamiglas factory outlet
Post 02 Oct 2008, 15:28 • #8 
Glass Fanatic
When I wrote that post, I just knew someone would ask for details. Rightfully so. They were all the same caramel light brown color, most were one piece, and a variety of lengths. Many seemed to be unlabeled. The barrel was in a back corner of the front room of the two room factory store out front in Woodfield. I don't know the Lamiglass line, and ignorance is bliss. If you call, they will probably have to round someone up who can speak intelligently about what is in that barrel. But, they seemed friendly and helpful, so you might try a call. If I go back to Portland for business in a few weeks, I can try to take it further in the store. Please, tell me what to look for. There were a lot of blanks stuck in that barrel! The Spring Creek rod I played with seemed like a really nice rod ... is that an S-Glass rod? Sorry I can not be of more help, Tom.

wacokid54

New Topic Add Reply