It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 01:48

Previous  1, 2 New Topic Add Reply
Post 12 Jun 2018, 19:27 • #26 
Master Guide
Mark,

Confirming attendance and check heading your way in the morning mail. Still sorting fly rods to bring along from my stash. With any luck will be glad to feature a couple of rods from Yamame which I am most excited to see from Nico.

Will send an updated list later, yet as of now planning on showing up with the following fly rods:

Yamame fly rods (details to follow)

Hardy Jet 8' six weight 3 pc (Crusty inspired me at the first Michi-Glass with this rod and finally found one)

Fisher Custom 8' six weight 2 pc

Phillipson Master 7' five weight 2pc (rebuilt by Glass Master)

Paddock 8' five weight 3 pc (Fine Tackle)

Paddock 7' five weight 2 pc (McKellip)

SA System 7 seven weight 2 pc (McKellip)

Fisher 9' eight weight 3 pc (Kenney)

Perhaps other rods in tow. This is a fantastic event. Had the pleasure of enjoying this event each year. Great chance to cast a number of fly rods and shoot the breeze while waiting for the evening fishing to begin. Stop in and enjoy.

Post 13 Jun 2018, 06:14 • #27 
Glass Fanatic
Grouse, you've been searching for one of those for a number of years now! I'm so happy your patience and diligence has finally paid off. But most of all, I'm tired of wiping your drool off mine every year.

Of all the fantastic vintage 8' 6wt rods out there, the Hardy Jet 8' 6wt 3pc is tops on my list. It will be interesting to compare the two. Guys make a point of casting Grouse's or mine. They are freaking awesome!

Post 13 Jun 2018, 07:43 • #28 
Glass Fanatic
Wish I could be there.........aurelio

Post 13 Jun 2018, 18:37 • #29 
Glass Fanatic
Aurelio, if you can get here we’ll have a place for you to stay.

CrustyBugger

Post 13 Jun 2018, 23:13 • #30 
Glass Fanatic
Crusty thanks,I have my place up for sale.The plan is to move to Taos and get a sprinter camper van so I can travel and hit all the claves.........aurelio

Post 14 Jun 2018, 20:47 • #31 
Master Guide
Grouse wrote:
Mark,

Confirming attendance and check heading your way in the morning mail. Still sorting fly rods to bring along from my stash. With any luck will be glad to feature a couple of rods from Yamame which I am most excited to see from Nico.

Will send an updated list later, yet as of now planning on showing up with the following fly rods:

Yamame fly rods (details to follow)

Hardy Jet 8' six weight 3 pc (Crusty inspired me at the first Michi-Glass with this rod and finally found one)

Fisher Custom 8' six weight 2 pc

Phillipson Master 7' five weight 2pc (rebuilt by Glass Master)

Paddock 8' five weight 3 pc (Fine Tackle)

Paddock 7' five weight 2 pc (McKellip)

SA System 7 seven weight 2 pc (McKellip)

Fisher 9' eight weight 3 pc (Kenney)

Perhaps other rods in tow. This is a fantastic event. Had the pleasure of enjoying this event each year. Great chance to cast a number of fly rods and shoot the breeze while waiting for the evening fishing to begin. Stop in and enjoy.

Thanks Ken for the heads-up. See you there.

Post 19 Jun 2018, 07:34 • #32 
Master Guide
The Hex hatch has started and going well.
I'll see everyone there Saturday.
Mark.

Post 19 Jun 2018, 19:58 • #33 
Glass Fanatic
That’s great news. It is officially Hog season!

Post 20 Jun 2018, 18:59 • #34 
Master Guide
Arrived home this evening to find that two of the Yamame fly rods created by Nico had been delivered. They were well packaged; however, I thought it best to give them a brief test casting. Both fly rods are well made and came as four piece models. The first one I tried is from "The Pure" series and is a 3/4 weight parabolic fly rod. This model is lighter in weight and a different color than "The Pure" five weight which Nico had sent last year for this event. Enjoyed test casting this model of "The Pure" and thought it provided some nice distance for a shorter fly rod. Fun to cast. The next fly rod included was "The Black Pearl" model shown in an earlier thread by the builder. I can easily see how "The Black Pearl" will have a following. An amazing feel and seemed quite accurate. Both Yamame fly rods will be available to view or cast at the Michi-Glass show this Saturday. Photographs and more casting impressions will follow. Already want to go cast both again, yet time to pack.

Post 28 Jun 2018, 07:03 • #35 
Guide
Yesterday, I received a get well card from the Michi-glass folks. I want to thank them each for their kindness and grace. I am on the mend and I've already been out on the stream. I really hated not seeing you guys.

All the very best to each of you.
pete

ps. Any pics?

Post 28 Jun 2018, 07:59 • #36 
Glass Fanatic
Glad to hear, Pete, and same to you. Keep fishin'!

Best,
Charlie

Post 14 Oct 2018, 13:02 • #37 
Master Guide
Long overdue addition of photographs from the 2018 Michi-Glass. Finally solved latest photo posting issue.

"The Black Pearl" sent by Nico was well received by all those who test cast this rod.

"The Pure" was also enjoyed from Yamame

Two rare Hardy Jet three section rods 8' for six weight.

Experienced anglers Crusty and Adam comparing notes.

Victor Johnson enjoying his test casting.

Many thanks to Mark McKellip for all of his efforts in organizing this event.

Post 14 Oct 2018, 21:20 • #38 
Glass Fanatic
Thank you, Grouse! I'm sorry that I missed it this year, but very glad to see the good people and rods. Hello to all.

Post 15 Oct 2018, 16:40 • #39 
Master Guide
Tomah, It would be great to see you at another event sometime. Amazing collection of vintage and modern fiberglass rods were available for casting at the gathering.

Previous  1, 2 New Topic Add Reply