It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 23:07

New Topic Add Reply
Line Storage
Post 14 Jul 2008, 00:23 • #1 
I normally use a roll cast because much of the area I fish is heavily wooded. I find that the best line for me is a level floating line, but I do not come across level floating line much any more so I purchase what ever I can when I find it. I have been toying with a number of idea to store the line for future use. I was thinking about vacuum sealing the line the same way I do fish and game. Thoughts ?

Line Storage
Post 14 Jul 2008, 01:13 • #2 
Master Guide
gregbou
I store my spare lines someplace that's cool and dark, in those lidded plastic shoeboxes that can be purchased at Wally-World inexpensively. So far, it's worked well for me for a lot of years.

Line Storage
Post 14 Jul 2008, 01:14 • #3 
Glass Fanatic
I store my line in a soft sided cooler in my closet; however I don't know if its needed; I try to keep my line from getting hot and cold when its sitting in my truck for days by using that same cooler.
I love the old level line also; I've been able to find some old cortland 33 for sale on eBay from time to time. I thought of putting an ad in our classifieds pretaining to buying old level line that comes off the old reels purchased by our comrades. i bet its just tossed in the waste can because most folks dont like it, but its great for popping bug and bass bug fishing, which is what i do.
Thanks for bringing up the subject. I do know a couple more on this board that get the giggles when they get some level line from an old reel-p-

Line Storage
Post 14 Jul 2008, 01:16 • #4 
Glass Fanatic
Barry, you're too durn organized!-p-

Line Storage
Post 14 Jul 2008, 02:49 • #5 
Master Guide
Gene
LOL, that's what Edie keeps telling me.
I've acquired so many lines over the past few years that if I don't keep them sorted out, it takes me forever to find what I'm looking for.

Line Storage
Post 14 Jul 2008, 03:06 • #6 
Glass Fanatic
I love looking cause i run across stuff I had forgotten about; just the other day i ran across a mint medalist 1495 laying under some old waders!It was like Santa clause coming in July!Also i'm getting senile so i forget i have stuff; DISORGANIZATION ... you gotta love it!Course, being an idiot to boot doesn't help!-p-

Line Storage
Post 14 Jul 2008, 03:26 • #7 
Sorry, but I am just not that organized either.

New Topic Add Reply