It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 14:05

New Topic Add Reply
Post 24 Apr 2008, 23:02 • #1 
Sport
Hi!

Finally I got my first glass rod. It is Steffen 8'6'', 5-6. rod. A story of buying the rod starts about 6 months ago, when I decided to get this rod. I tried, but could not contacted Mark, so I gave up and wanted to buy Diamondglass 8', 5, rod. I already paid the rod to the eBay seller - salmosalar1 (***email address removed*** ) when he notify me that this rod was discontinued. Without real hope I asked him if he can get Steffen rod and was quite surprised when he confirmed. It takes about 2 months to Mark build the rod and another two weeks till I got it. The shipping costs with insurance was modest 60 USD.
This topic You can read as a commercial, but I am just grateful to the seller, which has probably quite a lot work to get and send this rod to me.

Regards, Janez

Post 25 Apr 2008, 01:30 • #2 
Master Guide
Hi Janez and welcome to the forum! Glad you are happy with Mark's rod-it is a great length/line weight configuration ... a modern glass classic! Do you happen to be from Slovenia?

Regards,
Vlad

Post 25 Apr 2008, 21:47 • #3 
Sport
Yes I am from Slovenia and if water level would not be to high, I will test my new rod at river Idrijca this Sunday.

Regards, Janez

Post 25 Apr 2008, 21:57 • #4 
Master Guide
That's great ... Maybe you can post some of those pictures on the forum, so the board members can see beautiful river Idrijca and your new glass rod in action ...

Lep pozdrav,
V.

Post 26 Apr 2008, 06:04 • #5 
Administrator
Janez,

Yes, please take photos of the river AND your new Steffen rod. I would like that very much!

Good luck on the river!

Tom

New Topic Add Reply