It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 07:04

Previous  1, 2, 3 New Topic Add Reply
Post 28 Sep 2007, 14:36 • #51 
Glass Fanatic
Nice follow up Cameron,

I will drive up GSMNP on Friday night with my friends. Probably will meet up you guys on Saturday morning. How about let's meet each other at the Little river outfitter? we are planning to leave on Sunday night ... I might start to check out the hotel next week ... looking forward to it :D

Mark

Post 09 Oct 2007, 01:36 • #52 
Administrator
Ummm ... this thread has gotten a little quiet lately excepting yuhina, Creationbear, and Upstreeam.

Anyone else planning on being there? The upcoming date is closer than we think.

Saturday morning is the offical meet time? So nothing is going on Friday night? I am just putting my weekend together.

Post 10 Oct 2007, 07:26 • #53 
Glass Fanatic
Well, I keep hoping that more will come out of the woodwork, but it doesn't look like it's happening. Since there won't be a big crowd around a campfire, I'll act responsibly at work and won't get up there until Fri., maybe late. I may be able to get there with fishing time on Fri. and will let y'all know as it gets closer. Leaving Sun. mid-late afternoon.

I'll probably get a room. Jon, any favored locations in your links?

Bob

Post 10 Oct 2007, 08:00 • #54 
Administrator
Upstreeam ... if you decide to come up early Friday ... it looks like Creationbear and I are getting up together. I've got a breakfast date with the family but should be ready to hit the water by 0900 or so.

OK ... sounds like we'll have a small group on Saturday. Are we going to hang out at the fly shop casting rods and chatting ... or are we going to hit the water?

Creationbear ... how is the water looking up there right now?

Post 10 Oct 2007, 10:05 • #55 
Glass Fanatic
We can have 2 teams, fish for one hour and then change mate do another competition bead. Just kidding :p
I am looking forward to see you guys. :D

Post 10 Oct 2007, 13:47 • #56 
Sport
I hope we get some rain before you all head this way. I'll be camping down at Indian boundary by the Tellico ,the weekend your here. The water situation is the worst on record. The temps are finally cooling down but the rivers are extremely low and the trout that have survived this summer are expected to be OK. There was an article in a local paper this week about a boy catching a 17" stocker rainbow with his hands in the lower little river. The water was so low and warm that the trout was dying.
You can check the daily fishing reports , including water temps and weather on little river outfitters site. Hopefully things will change for the better by the end of this month.

Post 17 Oct 2007, 11:44 • #57 
Glass Fanatic
I hate what I'm about to write, but I'm getting pretty convinced I'll be in the office for the next 4 or 5 weekends. I guess I planned a few too many long weekends this fall, without enough slack. Some work and family stuff has mushroomed, and unfortunately the later plans suffer; already cancelled everything else until T'giving. Still some hope, but looks real bad right now.

I can send some rods up with anybody who's swinging through Atlanta, including a lot of the requested ones. But for some reason, I get a nervous twitch whenever I think of letting my Lamis and Fenwicks out of my hands.

I'll have to make a point to get together with all of y'all sometime, if not this event.

Bob

Post 17 Oct 2007, 12:36 • #58 
Master Guide
Bob--

Sorry to hear you won't be able to make it up--as I'm sure you know, even if the fishing's off, the GSMNP is beautiful this time of year. Hopefully everybody can hook back up somewhere (maybe this Spring?)

Otherwise, I'll try to post a little more detailed fishing report tomorrow, but I did manage to get out a bit today--streams are still very low, but we're expecting rain tomorrow and possibly at the beginning of next week as well. Too, some of the streams are in better shape than others--hopefully I can get some up-dates next week. (BTW, just a reminder for those who already hold a North Carolina license, they are good for the Park as well. Otherwise, you can buy on-line or at LRO when you get to Townsend--they're open till 8:00 pm Friday, I believe.)

It looks as if it's shaping up to be a small enough gathering that we can probably play things "by ear," but perhaps Saturday morning might be a good time to congregate at LRO and play with one another's toys before every one heads back out to fish. I wouldn't be opposed to getting supper with some of y'all afterwards, either.:D

Again, if any of y'all need to contact me directly, my email is barnesut263 yahoo.com. and I'll be happy to pass along my cell number to you.

Jon

Post 19 Oct 2007, 22:54 • #59 
Administrator
Upstreeam ... I am disappointed that you can't make it. I understand though. We'll think of you.

So ... what is it ... Creationbear ... yuhina (and friends) ... K-9 "Ice" ... and I? Anyone else? Looking back on this thread we had some people count themselves in ... but we haven't heard from them in a bit ... bjanzen ... Lavretta ... and Cornmuse (a great web article could come from this ... hint hint).

I am not afraid of a small group. I know we'll have a great time and hopefully look forward to a larger group at our next Clave.

Post 21 Oct 2007, 05:38 • #60 
Administrator
Well ... I got word from Creationbear yesterday that pups aren't allowed in GSMNP. So it looks like K-9 "Ice" will be staying home on this trip.

You can almost see the tear trailing down his face.

Post 21 Oct 2007, 14:19 • #61 
Glass Fanatic
Yep, Me and my friends are coming for sure! a nice camera crew : ). Hopfully I can pick up more people from the roadside ...

Post 21 Oct 2007, 22:39 • #62 
Administrator
Well I pretty much packed yesterday. I am carrying along seven glass rods and six reels.

Yuhina ... now I know why you have such great photographs from your trips since you have a three to four person camera crew rolling with you! Ha ...

Post 24 Oct 2007, 16:26 • #63 
Glass Fanatic
Everything is ready! Sir ...
looking forward to "claving"! :D

Post 24 Oct 2007, 22:01 • #64 
Administrator
The Element is packed and I'll be leaving in about an hour to head up to North Carolina and meet up with middlemac for the day. Tomorrow with Creationbear on a couple of rivers. And then Saturday meet up with Creationbear, yuhina, and a few of his friends. Should be a great time.

Any last minute Clave'ers feel free to meet up on Saturday morning at Little River Outfitters.

If you need anything ... call me at 803-609-7211 ... or 803-917-2128. One of those cell phones should work sometimes up there.

Previous  1, 2, 3 New Topic Add Reply