It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 12:15

Previous  1, 2 New Topic Add Reply
Christmas Clave
Post 19 Dec 2007, 17:02 • #26 
Guide
MM, thanks for going out of your way to really make this a great meeting!

Christmas Clave
Post 21 Dec 2007, 07:30 • #27 
Emeritus
Here are driving directions to the Clave from I-26.

Note that cell phone service is poor once inside the National Forest- neither Cameron's nor Kevin's phones function reliably from the Hatchery. If you get lost, call the Center for Wildlife Education 828-877-4423, they'll help you out.

Follow I-26 to Exit 40 (Asheville Airport exit).

At the top of the exit ramp turn onto NC 280 towards the airport; follow this highway for 16 miles toward Brevard.

At the intersection with US highways 276 and 64, turn right onto US 276 west (follow signs for Pisgah National Forest).

Follow US 276 for 5.2 miles; turn left onto FR 475.

Go 1.4 miles to the Center for Wildlife Education and Fish Hatchery. Turn left across the river bridge into the parking lot.

Turn left in the lot, Clave folks will be meeting near the end of the lot. Look for Cameron's burnt-orange Element and Kev's charcoal Pathfinder. (Sounds like a cookout, doesn't it?).

Christmas Clave
Post 21 Dec 2007, 07:38 • #28 
Glass Fanatic
Kevin,

You are a excellent host! Thanks a lot for all the information!
BTW ...

"Occurs to me we might want to make available thirty minutes or so of lawn casting @ the Hatchery. "

Can we do "real cast" in the hatchery, should I tie some "chew pattern" ... I want the trophy pond! :lol

Tricky,

You got some awesome collection! I can't wait to see them!
:D

Christmas Clave
Post 21 Dec 2007, 08:21 • #29 
Emeritus
Hey Mark!

I think the casting prize for fishing in the hatchery ponds is "six months in the slammer!" :eek

PS Everyone: as "co-host" for this Clave I will be fishing, but will also spend any time needed to assist Clavers with whatever is needed to keep them on the river and fishing as much as possible.

That includes assisting my co-host Cameron so he can keep fishing, too!

Christmas Clave
Post 21 Dec 2007, 11:02 • #30 
Guide
you guys are too much, I refuse to fish more than both you and Cameron!

Christmas Clave
Post 21 Dec 2007, 11:16 • #31 
Sport
That pimento cheese is very appealing ...

Christmas Clave
Post 22 Dec 2007, 00:39 • #32 
Administrator
Gents ... just checked the forecast and it is looking like maybe a sprinkle or two. 40% chance of preciptation. It will be comfortable in the 50's though.

PoudreRiver ... if you start driving on Christmas afternoon you'd be to us by Christmas Clave morning! I'll make sure the wife makes extra pimento cheese. HA ...

Christmas Clave
Post 26 Dec 2007, 04:54 • #33 
Emeritus
Wednesday entries for tomorrow's Clave. Hope everyone has had a nice holiday and some time off this week.

Weather report: we had a light snow in Asheville last night! Very pretty on the rooftops and lawns but it will be gone by noon. A bit may stick around the darkest corners of the Davidson which would be nice!

Cameron gets the Weather Oracle Award for his accurate forecast last Saturday! (Nobody EVER guesses the weather right in these mountains). 30% chance of rains overnight Wednesday through early tomorrow morning, tapering to near-zip chance by noon. We should see some sun in the afternoon. It will be damp and chilly (36 degrees) @ 6AM but sweet (55 degrees) by mid-afternoon. Go Cameron!

More throughout the day, check back if you wish.

Christmas Clave
Post 26 Dec 2007, 05:52 • #34 
Administrator
Well ... the midge boxes are 80% full ... and should be near 100% before the day is out.

I always like to have these full before a big trip ... and hosting with middlemac a dozen anglers is a "BIG TRIP" in my mind.

I laid out seven rods this morning ... vintage to new build ... three weight to six weight ... so we should have a few rods to cast or use if need be. The "Young Suitcase" is ready as well with a few reels.

middlemac and I will be discussing last minute needs later this afternoon. The wife is making a double batch of pimento cheese for sandwiches ... and I am already looking forward to Mrs. middlemac's famous award winning chili!

It is cold and wet down here in SC today ... we might wish for a little fire tomorrow to warm the hands! HA ...

Christmas Clave
Post 26 Dec 2007, 15:57 • #35 
Emeritus
Welcome everyone to the Clave tomorrow!

There will be plenty of little pools and river to spread out on and explore. We are expecting light rains again tonight which will freshen the Davidson and the tributaries.

Think small tackle, big fish :rollin :rollin

Just prayin'!

Christmas Clave
Post 26 Dec 2007, 16:36 • #36 
Sport
Looking forward to it ... need to get to bed ... getting up at 3am. Will see you all very soon.

BArry

Christmas Clave
Post 27 Dec 2007, 01:05 • #37 
Glass Fanatic
Awesome! see you guys on the river today.

Live report! from Super 8 motel this morning! The weather looks good in Asheville ... (too excited to wake up early) never get bored in the board! :b

Previous  1, 2 New Topic Add Reply