It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 03:44

Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next New Topic Add Reply
Post 19 Mar 2012, 13:48 • #26 
Master Guide
Let's see - Family man, coach, referee, board member, retired parks commissioner, semi-retired kite-flyer extraordinaire, and soon-to-be-retired executive-professional-spender-of-other-people's-money.

oh yeah, I like to fish too

Post 19 Mar 2012, 14:30 • #27 
Piscator
Metallurgist and licensed professional corrosion engineer.

Post 20 Mar 2012, 08:20 • #28 
Glass Fanatic
I work at Microsoft as a "Product Planner" for a piece of software 100% of you are either using now or have used in the past. I'm nowhere near retiring. It's the best job I've ever had, though if I won the lottery, I might leave that job anyway to fish every day.

Post 20 Mar 2012, 12:08 • #29 
Guide
Retired. I've done a lot, most notable: 20+ years USN reserve (served and worked on Submarines), Ran a chicken coop, Truck safety officer, etc. No woman around to tell me I can't buy a rod or go fishing, Just money and weather. Woke up to 3" of snow this morning.

Post 20 Mar 2012, 13:09 • #30 
Administrator
Analytical and organic chemist for the last 33 years. I'm way too far from retirement.
Lugan wrote:
It's the best job I've ever had, though if I won the lottery, I might leave that job anyway to fish every day.

While I like my job, would I leave it if I won the lottery? Absolutely! The only question is whether I would return long enough to get the photos from the office wall.

Tom

Post 22 Mar 2012, 15:13 • #31 
Master Guide
Right now I'm a bank teller.

I've sold mattresses and cars, substitute taught, worked in a factory making electro-luminescent lights for military aircraft, and my parents are trying to find a place in the area to be closer to the grandkids. If that works out, I'll be doing upholstery with my dad again. Trying to find time to fish has been the one constant through all of it.

Post 22 Mar 2012, 17:05 • #32 
Master Guide
I am auditor for a bank holding company in Missoula. I used to work for Simms as their financial controller when I lived in Bozeman.

Post 22 Mar 2012, 21:09 • #33 
Glass Fanatic
My real job is an auto mechanic, had my own shop these last 20+ , although am sort of part time at it. On the side I am a radio DJ and am also an actor/director/writer for hire, which is great fun, but the term "starving artist" forever forces me back to the real world.
Keith

Post 26 Mar 2012, 08:00 • #34 
Guide
I'm a musician and educator. http://roypatterson.com/

Post 26 Mar 2012, 17:55 • #35 
Glass Fanatic
I spent 20 years as a contractor specializing in tilt wall concrete buildings. My partner (who is also my brother) decided to quit to pursue a career as a jazz bass player so we sold out and I went to work at USPS. I hope to retire soon and become an itinerant fly fisherman.

Post 27 Mar 2012, 00:16 • #36 
Glass Fanatic
I started my career as a mining geologist, working mainly in northern British Columbia and Yukon. (For anyone who saw this year’s Gold Rush on the Discovery Channel, north of the Klondike was my old stomping ground.) I graduated college in the middle of the mid ‘80s recession with no job, so I went back to school in computer science. After one year back at college I got a job as the Director of Marketing for a mining software company in Montreal. After working in software marketing, sales, and consulting, I went into as-built surveying for architects and then engineering firms using close range photogrammetry and eventually laser scanning, which lead me to Toronto, then Denver, and then Houston. After flirting with a dot com for a bit, I worked in construction project controls software consulting and training. When that company was bought, I was moved into process plant configuration management software consulting, which I had gained some experience in along the way. That is my current job. I have been working at one of the large oil companies as a full time consultant for the past few years.

Post 01 Apr 2012, 16:23 • #37 
Master Guide
I am an environmental health supervisor. Basically, I manage a small team of people that ensure our drinking water, waste water, and food is up to code and safe. I am also a father which takes up the other 50% of my waking hours. I moonlight as a professional fly fisherman on the side.

Post 10 Apr 2012, 11:03 • #38 
I am a retired Trainer for a Record Storage software company in Irvine, CA. I had the opportunity to travel to 48 states, Canada, Mexico, Central and South America while training our corporate clients.

Now I fly fish in CA, NV, ID and MT as much as possible.

Post 10 Apr 2012, 12:07 • #39 
Glass Fanatic
medically retired after almost ten years as a small town librarian. I miss it. Before that I was a psychotherapist in private practice and a cult deprogramer. I had to retire due to Meniere's disease and Migraine Associated Vertigo. Again, I miss working in those great capacities.

Post 15 Apr 2012, 12:25 • #40 
Guide
CNC Boring mill machinst/Programer for the past 3 years before that just a manual boring mill,bridgeport,and lathe machinist. I'm proud to say that I program and run a Haas EC-1600 4-axis Boring Mill(American made CNC Boring Mill) machining large weldments and small detail work for another American company making matrial handling equipment for steel and aluiminum press room stamping equipment. Pretty much all I've been is a machinist or machine repairman since high school and trade school.

Post 17 Apr 2012, 01:40 • #41 
Guide
I am a recruiter for the TN Army National Guard. Before this job, I worked as a police officer for about 10 years, and before that I was worked as an E.M.T. Every Saturday I take one of my 4 kids fishing, which is not an easy endeavor considering their ages; 8,5,3,18mos. My two oldest are little princesses, and my boys are still young enough to enjoy spending the day throwing rocks in the water, rather than drowning a few worms. A bad day fishing with them, is far better than the best day I ever had fishing by myself. Proudly, I can report that my 8 year old just asked if I could find her a pink flyrod and a pair of hip-waders ... I am the proudest father in the world!

Post 17 Apr 2012, 09:50 • #42 
Guide
teacher, student, shooting coach (long guns)

Post 19 Apr 2012, 21:50 • #43 
I am a locomotive engineer and part time photographer. Just not enough time to fish on this job as is the case with most all of us.

Post 20 Apr 2012, 03:18 • #44 
Sport
Inspector and philosopher of waters, including what's below the surface and the water that goes into microbrews. Long time photographer and lover of art, including the beauty of fly rods and reels. Lover of the brother and sisterhood of those who love these arts. Oh, and I'm also a theoretical physicist.

-Jack

Mitakuye oyasin: we are all related

Last edited by jayfisher on 22 Jun 2012, 21:13, edited 1 time in total.

Post 22 Apr 2012, 14:53 • #45 
Guide
My main trade is as mechanical engineer, my main religion is Christian, my main recreation is fly fishing. So I live a pretty good life. I'd definitely like more time for recreation though.

Post 31 May 2012, 08:18 • #46 
Sport
Retired highway patrol officer, stay at home dad. sometimes school bus driver, AARP Driver Safety Program district coordinator, soccer field grounds keeper. been fly fishing since 1968 and live in MONTANA!

Post 06 Jul 2012, 11:12 • #47 
I am a retired Medical Adjudicator. My wife and I now travel - and fish - as much as possible.

Post 19 Jul 2012, 15:57 • #48 
Master Guide
A former Structural Engineer (10 years) and a current Baptist pastor (15 years). A bunch of stuff before all that to get me here.

Post 26 Jul 2012, 18:04 • #49 
Guide
I'm a retired engineering geologist. Well, I'm about 90% retired. I can fish almost any weekday with minimal planning!

Post 26 Jul 2012, 19:25 • #50 
Master Guide
I've spent the last 20 yrs in some form of the energy world after a 6yr tour in the USN. I am currently a power plant operator in the Tennessee Valley ... we keep your tying lamp lit!

Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next New Topic Add Reply