It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 07:10

New Topic Add Reply
Post 12 Dec 2011, 02:34 • #1 
Administrator
If you just found this forum, Welcome to the Fiberglass Flyrodders! We are glad to make your acquaintance.

If you have an old fly rod to research, feel free to read and search the forum as much as you like. Searching the forum is easiest via Google or Bing by adding the phrase site:fiberglassflyrodders.com/forum/ to the end of your search.

If you wish to join the forum, you must register for an account. The account is free, however you must agree to be a civilized forum member as outlined on the Registration Form. If you agree, click on the I agree to these terms box on the form.

On the next page, please enter a Username, your e-mail address (twice) and a password that you will remember (twice). Please do not use a password that will make your security elsewhere vulnerable. While we will keep your password a secret, any database can be broken. Pick your time zone. Then fill out the application question.

Hint: in the field Fiberglass Flyrodders Application: please enter at least a few sentences explaining why you wish to join. Minimal responses like "Found on Google" or "I found a fishing rod" or non-specific responses such as "I want to join a community of like minded individuals" will be deleted. Sorry. Tell us why you want to join this particular forum.

After the application question, enter the CAPTCHA code (to confirm you are not a spam bot). Finally, click Submit.

After an administrator reviews and activates your account, you should receive confirmation e-mail. This may take a week or so. The email will look like this:

Code:
Hello ------,

Your account on "Fiberglass Flyrodders" has been activated by an
administrator, you may login now.

Your password has been securely stored in our database and cannot be
retrieved. In the event that it is forgotten, you will be able to reset it
using the email address associated with your account.

If you are having a problem, please contact me at jgestar@fiberglassflyrodders.com. I can assign temporary passwords (if you can identify yourself), but I cannot retrieve existing passwords from the database.

There is no reason to provide any private data about yourself. None. The user profile allows you to enter information about yourself, but do not feel obliged to do so. Including a rough location may put you in contact with some nearby glass fanatics. However, it is not a requirement.

What about the CAPTCHA box with the weird letters? Details in the next post.

Tom

The CAPTCHA box
Post 19 Jan 2014, 21:36 • #2 
Administrator
If you are trying to login, but instead you are looking at a red warning and this ugly box full of weird letters, you found the CAPTCHA*. Possibly you are trying to enter an old password. However it happened, you confused our login script and now it is suspicious of your intents. It has thrown the CAPTCHA test at you to prove you are a sentient human and not a SPAM Bot. Please be patient, follow the blue arrows and numbered steps to get back in.

1) Enter your username (if you don't have a username, then you need to register instead)
    2) Enter your password
    3) Do not check either box at this time
    4) Enter the weird text from the box (this example reads 4LWTL).
    5) Click Login.

If you have the correct username and password, you should get in. If not, please contact me. I can reset your password and you can start again without Mr. CAPTCHA breathing down your neck.

Tom

* We've had hundreds of spam bot attempts to register. Please be patient with the anti-spam measures.

Post 20 Jan 2024, 19:13 • #3 
Administrator
Please send ALL login/registration/account activation issues to me at jgestar@fiberglassflyrodders.com. If you are struggling with an issue, please do not hesitate to send me an e-mail.

Old Yuku forum members: Welcome back! I'm glad you made it here!
If you had a Yuku username AND you posted on the Fiberglass Flyrodders forum then there is an account set up for you. E-mail your old user name to me at jgestar@fiberglassflyrodders.com. I will forward login information for your account. You retained your post count and status from the old forum. If you have a login problem, please send me another e-mail.
If you had a Yuku username BUT you never made posts there then you should register for a new account. Feel free to register your old Yuku username if it is not already taken.

Please have patience while I get to your request:. If you have not received a return e-mail, please look in your spam mail folder. Better still, add jgestar@fiberglassflyrodders.com to your safe senders/contacts ahead of time. If I don't return your e-mail within few days, please send me another. If you have tried 2-3 times without a response, please try sending from a different e-mail account.

Tom

New Topic Add Reply