It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 16:25

Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 New Topic Add Reply
Post 08 May 2011, 13:42 • #76 
Glass Fanatic
Larry,
That triple gainer did look ugly and scary- you lost some points on form Image I noticed Curt took a different route to the water and avoided the same trail to the water- LOL. I knew you were OK when I saw you haul in some decent fish..

We need to get together again some

Les

Post 08 May 2011, 15:40 • #77 
Glass Fanatic
How I wish I could have been there! What great looking country, too. Not at all like the only part of Oklahoma I have seen, which is Oklahoma City. It just was not in the cards for me. Not looking good for Wyoming, either. Some years are better than others. Man, I can almost smell that gumbo.

Happy Trails,

The Waco Kid

Post 09 May 2011, 04:52 • #78 
Guide
Thanks Les for the pics.
Everybody here at work today says I am acting MUCH more relaxed since I got back.Image

What a great time with great guys. Larry, I'm glad to hear you are feeling better, I was afraid you were going to have to have treatment when you got to work this morning. And, Dennis, You would have loved it, and I wish you had been there.

Guys, it really is a great place, and I wish more of you would have come up. But, I'll be thinking of you Saturday, when I'm over there again pulling those big Red Ears off the beds!Image

Post 09 May 2011, 09:38 • #79 
Global Moderator
Les,
Great shots of a beautiful place. I've lived here for 40 years and it still amazes me every time I visit the refuge. I really enjoyed visiting with everyone and it got my mind off of the everyday trials. For those of you who didn't have the opportunity to attend, make plans now for the next time. You missed out on some great conversation and Carl's legendary gumbo. For those of you who have never attended a "Fiberglass Flyrodders Clave", they are a fantastic opportunity to meet some of the greatest guys in the world and cast some of the finest glass in existence.

Doug

Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 New Topic Add Reply