It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 05:54

New Topic Add Reply
Kab 4wt
Post 05 Oct 2017, 18:31 • #1 
Guide
Trying out imgur! Took my Kabuto up to Wyoming in August with my Pops and caught some really nice browns and rainbows in Horse Creek just north of DuBois. I REALLY like this 4wt! I caught nearly every fish this trip on a Parachute Adams which is really weird because I almost never throw dries except as a transport vehicle with a nymph under it.
I really like the way this black ash burl finished.
Joe Arguello agate of course and that FishHawk Sunburst thread that almost glows in direct sun.
Nice rainbow around 14".
And a nice brown from basically the same spot. It was funny because every time my Dad walked up the bank out of sight I hauled in another big one!

Re: Kab 4wt
Post 05 Oct 2017, 18:46 • #2 
Master Guide
Great looking rod and fish!

Post 05 Oct 2017, 23:01 • #3 
Master Guide
Sweet looking rod

Post 06 Oct 2017, 06:42 • #4 
Glass Fanatic
That build looks great! Nice job matching the thread, reel seat, and stripping guide!

Post 06 Oct 2017, 08:17 • #5 
Glass Fanatic
Beautiful!

Post 06 Oct 2017, 10:16 • #6 
Glass Fanatic
Forgot to mention that I have used FishHawk sunburst on a raw blank and love the look too.

Post 06 Oct 2017, 14:15 • #7 
Master Guide
Ditto on the above and might add the cork on your handle is some of the finest I've seen.

Post 06 Oct 2017, 15:48 • #8 
Glass Fanatic
I love the thread !!

b.t.w., some sections of Horse Creek fish better than others ... and I wonder how many trout come up from The Wind river from time to time. While you were there ... did you fish any of the sections of The Wind ?? The summer irrigation regime can make things a bit tricky ...

Pecos

Post 06 Oct 2017, 17:51 • #9 
Guide
Thanks everyone! I still have to keep from making silly mistakes but at least the silly mistakes are getting a lot smaller to spot.

Pecos: We didn't fish anywhere on the Wind this trip because the last time we tried to use the public access spots it was a boondoggle just getting to the river. We went north up near the Horse Creek CG to do our fishing where there are some nice spots on the outer edges of the curves once you get away from the road. I was having a great time roll casting across to some big boys feeding on the top.

Oh yea and while I'm thinking about it... I caught a couple of fish that were bluish-silver with almost no spots on them. Anyone have an idea what they might have been? I figured probably some rainbow hybrid but they were neat looking.

Post 06 Oct 2017, 18:35 • #10 
Glass Fanatic
Quote:
Oh yea and while I'm thinking about it... I caught a couple of fish that were bluish-silver with almost no spots on them. Anyone have an idea what they might have been? I figured probably some rainbow hybrid but they were neat looking.

I've caught trout in Colorado that fit that description. I figure that the wildlife Dept. has come up with a generic trout. :-)

New Topic Add Reply