It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 19:00

New Topic Add Reply
Appalachian 632
Post 20 Jul 2017, 11:08 • #1 
Master Guide
...... Appalachian 632. Package....
Turned cigar, and bamboo insert, large eye tip tops, Rattan color thread and custom canvas package from Chris Lantzy http://flyrods.weebly.com/
thanks for looking

Last edited by mtnbrook on 20 Jul 2017, 13:13, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Appalachian 632
Post 20 Jul 2017, 11:20 • #2 
Glass Fanatic
Looks great Mike!

Post 20 Jul 2017, 13:21 • #3 
Master Guide
Great looking setup!

Post 20 Jul 2017, 14:24 • #4 
Glass Fanatic
That is a nice package, Mike. i read that your App632 received good grades from those at Aurelio's clave.

Post 20 Jul 2017, 19:02 • #5 
Glass Fanatic
Beautiful rod, Mike. Thanks for the look!

Post 21 Jul 2017, 06:39 • #6 
Glass Fanatic
Mike, sent you a pm

Post 21 Jul 2017, 15:40 • #7 
Master Guide
Looks like a brookie rod if I've ever seen one!

Post 21 Jul 2017, 18:24 • #8 
Master Guide
Mike I'm very excited to finally get one of these in my hands. Mine should be here tomorrow! The whole rod package is a beauty! Glad to hear the forum already talking about this little Mountain Brook Appalachian 632. I will post an update once I get a little brookie on it :P

Russ

Post 22 Jul 2017, 20:47 • #9 
Master Guide
Thanks for the kind comments . The more of these I have been building and getting feedback. I and others would describe the rod as very accurate and versatile, sometimes 6ft and under rods have difficulty with roll casts and distance casts.(Different strokes for different folks) I like to say..so this is my opinion and what others are saying

I tried to design this with Mike Mcfarland here in Pennsylvania with this goal in mind. This little rod will shoot 45 to 50 ft with ease, and also roll cast , bow and arrow cast, as well as a nymph rig on small waters. I wanted a versatile 6ft rod, and he really helped me with these tapers. He does understand tapers!... and I have to give him credit on working with me and patience in providing this product.

Yes, it is on the faster side of glass which is my personal preference, however its a full flex blank that you really notice on hook ups. It's just a little change up from traditional ,slow or parabolic glass. I tried to enter the glass market with something different in a 2 piece tip over butt configuration and so far the few that went out have been positive .
I truly appreciate the feedback and trying to make this line up of tapers fun and enjoyable.
One request I did have from Aurielo's crew was to offer an all cork seat and grip on this model as well with the bamboo seat option. So at the lathe currentlly making dust turning a couple models now to try.
Thanks so much, and any feedback appreciated....
The promo packages are spoken for, but I would like to continue offering that canvas package with a small price increase if someone really wants the package. ..just think it's neat, I have one too ;) Chris Lantzy and his father are great people (they hand make and stitch the canvas.
Have fun with that Russ!

New Topic Add Reply