It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 04:45

New Topic Add Reply
Post 20 May 2017, 02:36 • #1 
Master Guide
Dear All,

After a longer period than I would have ever imagined, I am proud to be able to introduce Yamame’s first fly rod.
It is a 7’2 5wt 4pcs and it is called ‘The Pure’.
I named it ‘The Pure’ because it is:
- Pure parabolic
- Pure craftmanship
- Pure quality
- Pure love for the product
- Pure fun to fish with

The rod has a medium fast action with a great recovery and is full parabolic, a stiffer in the middle and has a softer tip. This rod is highly accurate with dry fly and small nymph.

With a less than 23 inch section it is suitable to carry in a backpack.

‘The Pure’ is brown painted e-glass with an orange glow and comes with clear white spigot ferrules. They are rolled by Mike McFarland.
To develop this rod I only looked at the best quality and materials to get smooth rod with a perfect look and feel.
While developing this rod I choose only the finest materials to create an extraordinary rod which looks elegant.

The rod is made of high quality materials:
-Flor Grade cork grip from Portugal (turned in house)
-Snake Brand Universal Guides
-Stripping guides of Mildrum,Joe Arguello or Golden Witch
-Custom made reel seat hardware (turned in house)
-High quality insert (turned in house)
-Wrappings with the best silk
-Some green tipping as a Yamame signature
-Custom made rod sock (made in house)
-Aluminium tube

The rod has a starting price of $625 USD (plus shipping)

I will offer the first rods for a introduction price of $600 USD. This includes a 406 fly line.
With these lines I made all the test rods and they are the best fly lines for ‘The Pure’.
A demo of ‘The Pure’ will soon be available at Mark Leggett of Alternative Tackle or me.

For more information, please contact http://www.yammeflyrods.com or info@yamameflyrods.com

For this rod I turned the hardware of Aluminium and the insert of Zebrano wood, the stripping guide of Joe Arguello and the Snake Brand Universal guides are wrapped with YLI silk Bronze and the Yamame color tipping with Pearsalls gossamer Olive color

I hope you like it
Nico
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Post 20 May 2017, 06:12 • #2 
Glass Fanatic
Very nice

Post 20 May 2017, 08:20 • #3 
Glass Fanatic
Beautiful!

Post 20 May 2017, 09:24 • #4 
Master Guide
I really like that reel seat!
What brand of reel is that?

Post 20 May 2017, 09:58 • #5 
Master Guide
Shifty242 wrote:
I really like that reel seat!
What brand of reel is that?

Hi Shifty242,

This is an Ids Schukken reel, he is a Dutch reel maker and splitcane rod builder, the reel is made of titanium with a PEI spool and totally hand made, it is really a master piece.
I work with him together and is a friend of mine.

Nico

Post 20 May 2017, 10:28 • #6 
Glass Fanatic
Beautifully finished rod.

Post 20 May 2017, 10:28 • #7 
Glass Fanatic
A masterpiece of a rod!

Post 21 May 2017, 13:45 • #8 
Master Guide
Love it!

Best,
Vlad

Post 24 May 2017, 00:07 • #9 
Guide
Nice one Nico

Post 24 May 2017, 22:02 • #10 
Glass Fanatic
Love the taper on the cork handle !
Good Luck in your marketing efforts !!

Pecos

Post 29 May 2017, 10:05 • #11 
Master Guide
Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the nice comments.
At the Mich-Glass-N-Grass gathering there is a demo of this rod.
Lucky for me Fred Paddock will take care of it.

Nico

Post 16 Jun 2017, 15:19 • #12 
Master Guide
Nico from Yamame Fly Rods has sent a 7'2"-#5-4pc. rod, named "The Pure", to me to bring along to the Michi-glass event. Nico also included an Approach Genesis reel, which he is a dealer for, the reel is lined and paired up with the rod for demo. The rod and reel combo will be "on the rack" for everyone to look over and cast. I suggest that you give the Yamame "The Pure" a try, it's a well thought out parabolic rod.

I cast the rod briefly, and wanted to give everyone my impression of the rod. The Pure is light in hand, it has a nice feel and is accurate. Some of you know that I'm not the biggest fan of parabolic rods... that is mainly due to designs that are not well thought over. Most parabolic rods would get a quick wiggle, or a brief cast, by me and I quickly put the rod back on the rack and try something else. This is not the case with this rod. Having the tip not feel "loggy" or "soggy" (and many other words that have similar meaning) is refreshing. The parabolic "kick" is in the right place, and that is evident as more line is cast. This is a parabolic that is meant to be fished, not just a fun toy to cast in the lawn. You can cast in close and reach out with little effort... the rod just feels right when in hand, you don't have to let it "grow on you". You become acquainted easily and the rod just works. The taper is well balanced, and well thought out.

Here's a few photos, you can get more details on Nico's website. Or, contact him direct. The rod will be at Michi-glass (only a week away), it's a great opportunity to cast a bunch of different rods at one time (new and vintage). I'll be in Michigan on Monday... we'll be fishing the week leading to the event.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Post 19 Jun 2017, 06:32 • #13 
Master Guide
Very, very nicely done. I'll definitely give this some attention when it gets here at Michi-Glass-N-Grass.

Post 07 Sep 2017, 15:04 • #14 
Master Guide
I add the pictures of the rod again after photobucket issue [quote="zeb2011"]Dear All,

After a longer period than I would have ever imagined, I am proud to be able to introduce Yamame’s first fly rod.
It is a 7’2 5wt 4pcs and it is called ‘The Pure’.
I named it ‘The Pure’ because it is:
- Pure parabolic
- Pure craftmanship
- Pure quality
- Pure love for the product
- Pure fun to fish with

The rod has a medium fast action with a great recovery and is full parabolic, a stiffer in the middle and has a softer tip. This rod is highly accurate with dry fly and small nymph.

With a less than 23 inch section it is suitable to carry in a backpack.

‘The Pure’ is brown painted e-glass with an orange glow and comes with clear white spigot ferrules. They are rolled by Mike McFarland.
To develop this rod I only looked at the best quality and materials to get smooth rod with a perfect look and feel.
While developing this rod I choose only the finest materials to create an extraordinary rod which looks elegant.

The rod is made of high quality materials:
-Flor Grade cork grip from Portugal (turned in house)
-Snake Brand Universal Guides
-Stripping guides of Mildrum,Joe Arguello or Golden Witch
-Custom made reel seat hardware (turned in house)
-High quality insert (turned in house)
-Wrappings with the best silk
-Some green tipping as a Yamame signature
-Custom made rod sock (made in house)
-Aluminium tube

The rod has a starting price of $625 USD (plus shipping)

I will offer the first rods for a introduction price of $600 USD. This includes a 406 fly line.
With these lines I made all the test rods and they are the best fly lines for ‘The Pure’.
A demo of ‘The Pure’ will soon be available at Mark Leggett of Alternative Tackle or me.

For more information, please contact http://www.yamameflyrods.com or info@yamameflyrods.com

For this rod I turned the hardware of Aluminium and the insert of Zebrano wood, the stripping guide of Joe Arguello and the Snake Brand Universal guides are wrapped with YLI silk Bronze and the Yamame color tipping with Pearsalls gossamer Olive color.

I hope you like it

Nico

New Topic Add Reply