It is currently 28 Jun 2017, 13:03

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Go to page 1, 2  Next   Page 1 of 2   [ 30 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
PostPosted: 12 Dec 2011, 04:11 • # 1 
Administrator
There are four steps to posting photos here.

First, take good photos of your tackle (easier said than done). A neutral background is better than very dark or very light. Put plenty of light on the subject - outside in open shade is great. Avoid direct sunlight or patches of sunlight (the photo will be washed out). If you must, trick your camera to focus by including a big barcode near the subject (crop out the barcode later). Use a tripod if you have it. Finally, transfer the photo to your computer.

Second, use your computer software to edit your photos to a "post friendly" size. Crop out extraneous stuff from your photo. Resize the photo to no wider than 750 pixels. 640 pixels is better. Save the photo as a. jpg file, preferably at a quality where the final file size is less than 100KB. Not everyone has a high speed connection or a 20" computer screen. Smaller photos download quicker and view easier. [Make sure you save your cropped and resized photo to a new name so you don't destroy your high-resolution original - Ron.]

Third, upload the file to a PhotoBucket account http://www.photobucket.com - you must register for a free account. [Photobucket.com gives you a free GB of storage - that's about 10,000 photos at the sizes we post here. - Ron.] Log into PhotoBucket and find your photo.

Fourth, add your photo to your post. In PhotoBucket, click inside the box labeled IMG code (see the blue arrow in the image below). This copies the photo web address to your clipboard. Next, click where you want the photo in your post. Hit Paste and the PhotoBucket IMG code will be added to your post. It will look much like this:
Code:
[img]http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h39/jgestar/phpBB%20forum%20images/PhotoBucketPostingOne.gif[/img]

Once you hit Preview or Submit, you will see your photo in the post.

Tom

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2013, 19:08 • # 2 
Thank you I will try these steps and edit my post.

Steve

PostPosted: 04 May 2013, 01:02 • # 3 
Sport
Hello,
Whenever I go to the Photobucket site to register an account, the page goes white before I can even type anything. Am I doing something wrong? Your advice and help would be greatly appreciated as I'd really like to add a few pics to any posts I do.
Cheers,
Steve.

PostPosted: 05 May 2013, 22:42 • # 4 
Administrator
spod (Steve), I'm sorry but I don't know what could cause the problem with PhotoBucket. You can use other photo storage sites too. You can insert a photo into your post as follows:
  • Transfer your photo file to the photo storage website.
  • Copy the web address of your stored photo.
  • While making a post here, move the cursor to where you want the photo.
  • Click the Img button at the top of the editor page, then paste in that web address.

Tom

PostPosted: 27 Jun 2013, 19:57 • # 5 
Sport
Goes white for me too

PostPosted: 27 Jun 2013, 21:18 • # 6 
Sport
In this case, a likely fix will be to clear cache and cookies on your computer, and check that Javascript (not Java) is enabled in your selected browser (see http://enable-javascript.com ) If no joy, check Photobucket Support.

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2013, 18:05 • # 7 
Glass Fanatic
Photo hosts (storage websites)

Quote:
You can use other photo storage sites, too.. . . insert a photo into your post as follows:
  1. Transfer your photo file to the photo storage website.
  2. Copy the web address of your stored photo.
  3. While making a post here, move the cursor to where you want the photo.
  4. Click the Img button at the top of the editor page, then paste in that web address.

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2014, 11:50 • # 8 
Guide
Can't get pictures over to pm? I click on picture and I can't paste code to get it over to pm/

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2014, 16:09 • # 9 
Administrator
Inserting an image into a PM is just the same as inserting it into a post.

I do not understand "I click on picture".

Copy and paste are functions of your Operating System, browser or application. Again, I do not understand what you mean by "I can't paste code".

If you wish help, the best thing to do is say what you are using (e.g. computer/device, Operating System & version, browser/app and version) and note what steps you are taking to try and perform the action. What did you expect to happen as a result of your action? Then note what goes wrong. Any error message? If so, what does it say?

Supply that and someone may be able to provide you with an answer and likely in the first reply. Otherwise, I suggest you carefully follow the instructions above.

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2014, 13:14 • # 10 
Guide
Question? can I post on my Iphone to this site? Taking the pictures off my phone?

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2014, 13:47 • # 11 
Administrator
Absolutely no reason why not but you will still have to upload your images to an image host on the Internet before you can post them.

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2014, 12:28 • # 12 
Guide
Is there a direct way?

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2014, 12:34 • # 13 
Administrator
No.

Consider what would happen if you turned your phone off or went out of range. Consider the bandwidth you would consume if every visitor here viewed the images on your phone. Everyone has to use some form of Internet hosting, regardless of device. The instructions above apply to everyone, including you.

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2014, 10:30 • # 14 
Sport
I tried this and instead of the photos, all I got was the word "Image".

Trying to insert photos from flickr.

Any suggestions?

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2014, 11:23 • # 15 
Master Guide
Sea rider try using the photobucket app on your iphone, it's about as direct as you can get. You can upload the photos taken on Your phone direct to photobucket then copy the img link from your photo album I to whatever you're posting. It's how I post my phone pics and haven't had any issues.

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2014, 11:44 • # 16 
Administrator
JohnMD1022 wrote:
Trying to insert photos from flickr.

I just amended your post to link to the images instead. You have your security settings set not to share these images, otherwise you would have found correct URLs in the share option. Sorry, I do not use Flickr, so cannot advise you on how to change settings.

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2014, 14:06 • # 17 
Sport
Thanks ...

I couldn't figure out flickr either. Everything looked correct.

I gave up and used Photobucket, and all is well.

j

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2014, 14:50 • # 18 
Administrator
Spotted them. ;)

PostPosted: 28 Jun 2014, 00:20 • # 19 
Hello,
I am trying to post pictures on my iPad, but when I leave the post to copy the IMG code and then come back to the post to insert it, the post is gone, I just have the blank new topic page. What am I missing?

PostPosted: 28 Jun 2014, 00:50 • # 20 
Sport
My guess is that you should have two windows or tabs open in Safari, one for Photobucket and the other for your post. Make active the Photobucket window and copy the IMG post, then click on the post window to make it active and paste the IMG code in the desired location.

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2014, 15:37 • # 21 
Master Guide
You've said "click IMG code in Photobucket. This copies web address to your clipboard." How, exactly do I copy that IMG code to my clipboard? I can't see how . . . Where's the 'clipboard?' And I can't see how to transfer back from photobucket to FFR.

Thanks for the help!
Peter

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2016, 14:27 • # 22 
Sport
To upload from your computer or phone I found tiny pic's works great, its quick, free, and no account necessary.

Upload file
choose size
click upload
copy and paste provided link into your post
and wah lah!

http://tinypic.com

PostPosted: 02 May 2016, 01:51 • # 23 
I`m not sure its worth fighting this antiquated system. A lot of bank time can be spent trying to keep up with the
boneheads.

PostPosted: 02 May 2016, 09:55 • # 24 
Global Moderator
Parker +d, ordinarily--and it is very rare since fly fishing people are respectful people--I just delete rude, thoughtless, ignorant, disrespectful comments. Often these are made by digital babies with the attention span of a 4-year-old and the persistence of a 1-year-old filling his diaper, which is about what the digidiots produce.

I suppose Photobucket, since it doesn't flash on you every time you check Facebook or your device of the week, is antiquated.

This is not a social media site. You can get a lot of trivial, moronic ideas and pictures from those, and there are plenty of them, so we are not. Go to one of those if you want to sprawl carelessly taken, poor-quality, unedited photos everywhere. Tell everyone to "like" them.

We are thoughtful, knowledgable people who respect and learn from tradition. That makes us antiquated.

We are also not an advertiser-supported commercial site trying to sell new stuff to anybody who will click-to-buy, giving up half their personal identity for data-miners in the process. That makes us antiquated.

So we do not have a paid staff--and you darn well did not pay a membership fee to support one--to implement every tech-craze. That makes us antiquated.

If I were part of a paid staff, I would not jump on every tech craze anyhow. Like most antiquated people, I am too lazy and too set in my ways. I prefer to spend my time fishing. Also, I can read, and I don't allow someone else to do it for me and reduce information to acronyms LOL. That makes me antiquated.

If something isn't broke, we don't fix it. That could be why a few of us still get to do a lot fishing with fiberglass fly rods. That makes us antiquated.

The photo posting process doesn't need fixing.

Any bonehead can do it, but he would have to know how to use his own device.

Even an antiquated guy like me can open an account, load a pic, and post it in maybe two or three minutes. After that, it's 10 seconds apiece. You could try to learn how and then you could do it in your sleep. I do it half asleep quite frequently because I have been around long enough to know better than to spend all my waking hours dealing with technology.

I also routinely help new members who run into a glitch posting pictures. Usually I just straighten out the attempt, which displays the photo. I send a PM to whoever asked about it, and after they see the revisions in the edit mode, they let me know they are all set, saying thanks in the process.

This I have to be awake to do; it might take 7.3 minutes added up from a few focused work sessions. I know that would be a strain for some, but a joy around here is that a lot of people can still manage it. Antiquated people only have a few lucid hours in the day, but if we are lucky, we can still remember how to work smarter, not harder.

I am glad to help because I enjoy the pictures members post and other members do, too.

Perhaps you have found some pictures here that suit the new-age eye, and there are thousands to view. I bet you even liked a few. Imagine, they were all posted in the antiquated ways described above.

Perhaps you have a photo you want to contribute, which would be much more welcome than complaining about how your hosts at FFR should receive it before it is even given.

PostPosted: 02 May 2016, 13:38 • # 25 
Glass Fanatic
^ and there you have it.

Call me antiquated.

Go to page 1, 2  Next   Page 1 of 2   [ 30 posts ] New Topic Add Reply