It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 02:27

New Topic Add Reply
Huge thank you
Post 12 Nov 2017, 17:44 • #1 
Guide
Am cleaning up my hobby room at the end of the season and wanted to say thank you to everybodyon this website, but more especially everybody who follows this board. At the beginning of the season i owned a couple vintage rods as well as 2 other random glass rods. I had never worked on a rod before in my life. Come the end of the season, I now own 7 phillipsons, have bought and sold a couple others. Have restored/repaired 4 vintage grips, repaired 3 or 4 sets of ferrules, sm going to be replacing a set this winter, built a 3 wt brook rod, converted an 8 wt to a switch rod out of spare parts, including adding grip from the rear. None of this would have been possible without the advice and ideas shared on this board. Even the attaboys went a long way to give me the confidence to try some of these things and feed the creative side I forget about from time to time. Thanks all!

Last edited by ericdimarzio on 12 Nov 2017, 18:16, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Huge thank you
Post 12 Nov 2017, 18:11 • #2 
Glass Fanatic
Impressive accomplishments! This is indeed a great board.

Post 12 Nov 2017, 20:44 • #3 
Glass Fanatic
very nice post eric. and good on you for 'getting it done.' i agree wholeheartedly about this forum. and i enjoy the discussions in the 'tinkering' section.

if you have the inclination and determination sometimes all that's needed is a little advice and encouragement. like you, i've learned much from this forum.

Post 12 Nov 2017, 20:50 • #4 
Glass Fanatic
I agree! Best fly fishing forum bar none!

Post 14 Nov 2017, 09:32 • #5 
I totally agree, Eric. This forum has also helped me get started in the fiberglass collection field (don't know if that is totally good or just expensive) and gain a wealth of knowledge. Thanks to all.

kzoo

New Topic Add Reply