Brian / resurrection

Re: Ebay boneheads
Post 23 Jun 2017, 06:47 • #27 
Piscator
even though my buddy op'd this thread, I still don't get it

Post 23 Jun 2017, 23:08 • #28 
Sport
Oh gosh,still laughing. Thank you, I'm buying shorts to match my flaws now.
Did 2007 already go by?
Phil

Post 24 Jun 2017, 07:12 • #29 
Glass Fanatic
Ha! When you fish enough the river stands still and only the banks move--if you look at them. So this must have some space-time continuum.

When this thread floated by, I thought of moving it to another forum not even started at the time of the original discussion, but I left it here for its peeling-an-onion timelessness.

I trust it is too old to start an argument even though the same river is flowing by. My waterproof fishing watches only have the date of the month, too small to read unless I want to know while tying on a fly and already have my reading glasses on.

Post 24 Jun 2017, 11:15 • #30 
Sport
There was a really nice old Fenwick listed not long ago. The auction was for two weeks, and the starting bid was $10 with no reserve. His listing didn't have the word FENWICK in the title, so I think it went overlooked. With ten minutes to go, I bid $15 and I watched the countdown and waited for snipers. Nope. None. I won it. I go to click on PAY and it comes up with some crap "listing has been removed". The guy removed it before I could pay for it. That is total BS.

The jackass shouldn't have started it so low if he wasn't willing to sell it for that. He wouldn't reply to my messages. I complained to Ebay and they said that while it wasn't a good practice, there wasn't anything they could do about it unless it became a pattern. Really?

Post 24 Jun 2017, 12:04 • #31 
Piscator
now I get it even less

Post 24 Jun 2017, 13:03 • #32 
Sport
In my experience, when a "listing has been removed", it was removed by EBay themselves, due to questionable seller activity. Happened to me just yesterday and wound up saving me from a $400 loss.
AZ

Post 24 Jun 2017, 14:42 • #33 
Sport
eBay said they didn't remove it. They looked into it. Supposedly anyway.

Post 25 Jun 2017, 05:58 • #34 
Glass Fanatic
Both buyers and sellers have the option to cancel a sale. Ebay does specifiy the procedure and various outcomes, some of which may have a negative impact on seller/buyer feedback and performance ratings. Ebay doesn't look into it unless a case is opened, but then they do. The conditions are easy to review in the Ebay buyer and seller agreements. Also, In Ebay Help, look at "canceling a transaction", It is explained, particularly from the seller standpoint in "things to keep in mind."

Buyer's remorse accounts for some cancellations, but occasionally there is seller's remorse. Ebay can't compel delivery any more than they can compel a deadbeat to pay. Any consequences would only be evident later on in feedback or buyer/seller limitations.

Other than that, specific buyer and seller transactions are for private communication through Ebay, not general airing on this forum.

Best Ebay practices are now for discussion in a different forum, so let's let this one go, except for a retrospective chuckle.

Post 27 Jun 2017, 08:10 • #35 
Glass Fanatic
I won a reel BIN at a dirt cheap price. Within minutes of paying the seller claimed she "lost" the reel and refunded my money. It then got "found" and went back on sale with a starting bid (a bit more than what I agreed to) and a BIN $60 higher than I had paid. It happens. It's probably a good thing it was "lost" when I consider the number of unused reels I have...

Previous  1, 2 New Topic Add Reply