It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 07:50

Previous  1, 2, 3 New Topic Add Reply
Post 20 Sep 2018, 04:14 • #51 
Glass Fanatic
bob138 wrote:
I also am a fan of the Berkley Buccaneer. I got one of the spin/fly combo ones (i know not the preferred version) and stripped it down, citri-stripped the paint and re-wrapped on dedicated fly guides.

Personally I look at anything that will be carried on a bike or a plane as disposable considering the higher chance of damage or loss, so I'd rather sink $30 all in on a travel rod than $300. But I'm also not a gambler so take this with a grain of salt :D

Bob

These are great little rods. Initially, I got several for my Scout Troop as they were so easy to pack and nearly indestructible. Then when I started fishing with them some , I really grew to like them! As I’ve said in the other posts, I don’t love the bright yellow ones, but the tan/buckskin ones are surprisingly nice.

Post 20 Sep 2018, 07:01 • #52 
Sport
Hardy Smuggler?

Post 01 Nov 2018, 12:10 • #53 
Guide
https://www.graywolfrods.com/for-sale?l ... m-jnudvwcb

Post 01 Nov 2018, 15:59 • #54 
Guide
Redsadie1 wrote:
Hardy Smuggler?

I am pretty sure that the glass Smugglers were only 4-piece. They were regarded as pretty revolutionary at the time: the greatest number of sections Hardy did on a Fibalite trout rod was three!
The Hardy Graphite’s were (are) 7-pieces: I have an early model, which is an 8’2’ 5/6-weight, and it is terrific.

Post 18 Nov 2018, 16:27 • #55 
Glass Fanatic
aurelio corso wrote:
I got to cast a Brushy Creek Companion which was 5 or 6 PC built on a Lamiglass blank and was very nice with a 4 wt. line,still looking for one...........aurelio

Aurelio,

When ccrick52 came to Durango and we fished together I tried his 6'6" 6 pc Lamiglas rod and compared it to mine. They were significantly different. His was softer than mine and I think cast better. I do like mine but I always use a 4wt on it and it casts a 5 wt easily. Normally I carry it as a backup to my 6 pc, 7' Lami, or my 6 pc, 7 1/2' Lami, since it is easy to carry in my pack.

I am fortunate enough to have the 6 pc Lamiglas rods in 6'6", 7', 7'6", and 8'. The 7 1/2' is the sweetheart of the lineup but they are all nice. I also have the 7 1/2' and 8' in 3 pc. BTW, if you ever build one, I'd suggest single foot guides based on comparisons of the ones I own.

Post 20 Nov 2018, 06:27 • #56 
Glass Fanatic
Donny,I like rods that are a little faster but I was able to cast Ricks rod ok and a friend of mine has a brushy creek 6'6" that packs down really small but won't part with it.I just love pack rods......Aurelio

Previous  1, 2, 3 New Topic Add Reply