It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 00:59

New Topic Add Reply
Duff I'm Sorry
Post 17 Jul 2017, 07:06 • #1 
Glass Fanatic
We had the clave this week and once again I had a fantastic time with board members and got to try their rods.Paul had a Axsio and I said I did not care for the rod do to past encounters with Marshall 8 and Duff's rod.Well after we were casting some rods I thought I would try it again third time in the last 8 years and to my surprise I was able to cast nice loops over 40'so my casting may be getting better over the years are I'm starting to like slower rods anyway it's a sweet pack rod......aurelio

Re: Duff I'm Sorry
Post 17 Jul 2017, 12:04 • #2 
Glass Fanatic
Aurelio, apology accepted. Actually, I remember agreeing with you that the Axisco was worthless that day - way too much wind. I still love that little rod, though. I've sold many rods over the years but not that one. (Funny, I did sell it once but bought it back from Corlay). I do know what you mean though. I find that as I grow older I seem to prefer slower rods as I think our casting strokes must change over time. I've had that discussion with gearboy many times. Why is it that a rod you didn't like at one time now becomes a favorite and vice versa. I'm guessing that it must be a combination of many subtle physiological changes. For me it can happen in a matter of weeks, which I find strange.

Post 17 Jul 2017, 14:36 • #3 
Glass Fanatic
Duff wrote:
For me it can happen in a matter of weeks, which I find strange.

"fickle fiberglass"

Post 17 Jul 2017, 15:22 • #4 
Glass Fanatic
All good karma and reason for NOT ever selling rods! Well maybe, maybe not.

Post 17 Jul 2017, 20:34 • #5 
Glass Fanatic
And after what you said about my Axisco! ;) But I didn't hold it against you; at least you're a good cook. :P I've also noticed that I can cast a rod one day and not particularly like it, but maybe the next day it's starting to grow on me. I don't know about the glass rods, but my opinions can sure be fickle.

Larry

Post 20 Jul 2017, 09:52 • #6 
Glass Fanatic
Larry ,I talked to Mark and he told me he was thinking about bringing back the 6' 2/3 in a 2 PC........aurelio

Post 22 Jul 2017, 20:30 • #7 
Glass Fanatic
(Larry ,I talked to Mark and he told me he was thinking about bringing back the 6' 2/3 in a 2 PC........aurelio)

Oh great, just as I'm retiring and going to a fixed income. :(

Larry

New Topic Add Reply