It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 01:57

New Topic Add Reply
Post 14 Aug 2017, 06:35 • #1 
Hi everyone! Super new to this forum, I was pointed this way by users of another board, and I was wondering if anyone can help me ID who the maker of this rod is.

Some info: The rod is made of wood, the handle area is cork. It measures a little bit over 6' long, is a 2 piece, and it's pretty darn old. I found it with a waltco flyrod from 1950, and this one is from that time period, or even sooner. All I have to go on is a partial label with a Cat No, that at best guess I think is 257.

I know this is a long shot at this is like 10% of a label but here it is (posted it to imgur):

https://imgur.com/a/gsvw7

Post 14 Aug 2017, 08:32 • #2 
Glass Fanatic
Can't help with the ID but it is not made of wood, It is what we call tobacco glass (fiberglass)

Bob

Post 14 Aug 2017, 08:40 • #3 
Glass Fanatic
Hello
A partial label isn't much to go on,if you give us some pictures of the reel seat,the ferrules and the guides along with some images of the thread work we may be able to recognize the hardware etc,with that information we most likely can give you the manufacturers name.
Tight Lines And Need More To Work With Loops
Andy M

Post 15 Aug 2017, 07:56 • #4 
Thank you for the replies! You are totally right about the fiberglass, I made the wood mistake earlier and was pointed in the direction of this board.

I will get more photos of this rod and post em'! Thanks again for the replies! :)

Post 17 Aug 2017, 10:22 • #5 
Guide
Judging from the remains of the logo with the fish with the number in it at the end, I'd bet that it's a Airex Air-Glass rod.

I knew that fish looked familiar, but couldn't place it last night. Googled every brand I could think of, then this morning it dawned on me what it was. Mine is a 262 which is a 7' light action spinning rod. You should be able to Google some info on your number. There is a book available on Airex/Lionel tackle.

New Topic Add Reply