It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 03:00

New Topic Add Reply
Post 09 Dec 2017, 11:48 • #1 
Guide
Hey guys,
I will be heading to Vegas for WNFR ( wife works for Wrangler ) and want to try and get some fishing in. I have found Lake Mead for small mouth and stripers and a few other places on the boarders.

I am curious if anyone is from there and would like to link up. Friday and Sunday 15th and 17th are my two days I could swing doing some fishing.

Any who if you have any places that you can recommend please fill me in! I will gladly take photos of you too! :)

-Dave

Post 12 Dec 2017, 09:04 • #2 
Guide
I can't help you with the warm water fishing but if you're interested in chasing some small stream, introduced Lahontan cutthroat; I can help you out.

I haven't updated my blog in a couple of years but here is a link to an older report from 2010 where I caught several cutthroat in a stream about an hour (or so) outside of Vegas.

https://shocchris.blogspot.com/2010/05/desert-trout-lahontan-cutthroat.html

PM me for details if you are interested.

Chris

Post 12 Dec 2017, 09:26 • #3 
Guide
200%. This is on my bucket list. PM sent.

-Dave

Wvbrookie wrote:
I can't help you with the warm water fishing but if you're interested in chasing some small stream, introduced Lahontan cutthroat; I can help you out.

I haven't updated my blog in a couple of years but here is a link to an older report from 2010 where I caught several cutthroat in a stream about an hour (or so) outside of Vegas.

https://shocchris.blogspot.com/2010/05/desert-trout-lahontan-cutthroat.html

PM me for details if you are interested.

Chris

Post 12 Dec 2017, 09:58 • #4 
Glass Fanatic
Wvbrookie wrote:
if you're interested in chasing some small stream, introduced Lahontan cutthroat

Chris: Those Lahontans you caught are gorgeous. It's really hard to imagine that they're the same species (probably different strains though) as the one shown below.

Dave: I caught the monster below at Pyramid Lake outside of Reno, so a bit too much of detour from Vegas. And I bet chasing ones like Chris showed are probably more fun anyway. Good luck!

Ed

Post 12 Dec 2017, 10:17 • #5 
Guide
Whoa, that is a hog! Hoping to hear back from Chris soon so I can plan this adventure out. :)

An hour or two is easy for me ( same as home ). Hoping the hotel has a Jeep or truck I can rent. His post looks drool worthy. Also weather looks incredible there.

-Dave

WNCtroutstalker wrote:
Wvbrookie wrote:
if you're interested in chasing some small stream, introduced Lahontan cutthroat

Chris: Those Lahontans you caught are gorgeous. It's really hard to imagine that they're the same species (probably different strains though) as the one shown below.

Dave: I caught the monster below at Pyramid Lake outside of Reno, so a bit too much of detour from Vegas. And I bet chasing ones like Chris showed are probably more fun anyway. Good luck!

Ed

Post 12 Dec 2017, 10:29 • #6 
Master Guide
I'm almost positive I know which stream Chris is talking about. DO rent an AWD or 4WD vehicle if you can, and enjoy the cutts!

Post 12 Dec 2017, 10:33 • #7 
Guide
Popular little stream!

Weather this time of year? Cool mornings and nice afternoons it looks like.

The 64P will be packed. :D

Marty Romeo wrote:
I'm almost positive I know which stream Chris is talking about. DO rent an AWD or 4WD vehicle if you can, and enjoy the cutts!

New Topic Add Reply