It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 12:04

New Topic Add Reply
Post 12 Oct 2017, 21:07 • #1 
Master Guide
Bassman sent some flies to some of the forum members who responded to his offer. Thought I'd start a thread with the catches using these flies.
Above is a snap shot of the flies. I have been really struck by the quality of ibookje's and Bassman's flies: what a difference between a quality product and the cheap discounted flies I have wasted hundreds of dollars on.

Post 12 Oct 2017, 21:14 • #2 
Master Guide
I didn't waste any time getting Bassmans flies in the water. Never seen a wooly fish like this one; in the water there are scores of
pulsating hairs this bass and gill couldn't resist. Caught with a 4wt CGR.
ImageImageImageImage

Post 12 Oct 2017, 21:19 • #3 
Master Guide
I stopped at a local industrial drainage pond for a few moments and caught this fat gill on the fly pictured, again on the 4wt CGR.
ImageImageImage

Post 12 Oct 2017, 22:47 • #4 
Sport
Darn nice fish! And as a bonus, when I expanded the photo by clicking on it, I received a pop-up ad along with it - busty photo included "sexy Asian women looking for older men"! Did you send that along, or is that just the power of Nick's fly's pulsating feathers?

Post 13 Oct 2017, 09:19 • #5 
Glass Fanatic
If you install an ad blocker on your device, you should not see those pulsating feather advertisements.

Post 13 Oct 2017, 16:13 • #6 
Sport
I will certainly not install an ad blocker John :) That would take the excitement out of expanding images next time!

Post 13 Oct 2017, 16:58 • #7 
Glass Fanatic
Adrien schnee wrote:
I will certainly not install an ad blocker John :) That would take the excitement out of expanding images next time!

yea, DITTO!!! Don't change a thing. :)

Post 13 Oct 2017, 20:33 • #8 
Master Guide
:lol
Adrien schnee wrote:
Darn nice fish! And as a bonus, when I expanded the photo by clicking on it, I received a pop-up ad along with it - busty photo included "sexy Asian women looking for older men"! Did you send that along, or is that just the power of Nick's fly's pulsating feathers?

Not my doing, must be the pulsating feathers.

Post 13 Oct 2017, 20:48 • #9 
Glass Fanatic
:lol :lol :lol

Post 14 Oct 2017, 07:14 • #10 
Master Guide
Wanting to fish Bassman's above fly in the dark I was on my way to work well before sunrise and stopped by a local pond. In somewhat of a hurry I grabbed the 5wt Eagle Claw because it was the quickest to assemble (2 piece and stuck in pvc with reel and 6 wt line attached). At the pond the six weight line would not cast well, fly is extremely light for it's bulky size and I needed heavier line. Hurriedly I scrambled back to the car, grabbed a reel of 7 wt line and continued to fish.
The sun was just below the horizon and just enough light reflected onto the pond's surface to see the fly's gurgling path; then, the pond would erupt as these bass pounced on the fly.
ImageImage
I couldn't dislodge the fly from the second bass without harming the fish so it was released with the fly. I then tied on a second Bassman's fly shown below and landed 2 more bass also shown below.
ImageImageImage
I returned to the pond this evening and fished a few more of Bassman's flies pictured below with some of the gills caught.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Post 16 Oct 2017, 12:20 • #11 
Glass Fanatic
Nice fish! Well done.

Post 19 Oct 2017, 18:33 • #12 
Master Guide
Thanks for sharing. Nice.

New Topic Add Reply