It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 09:32

New Topic Add Reply
Sunfish on the 70p
Post 17 Apr 2017, 13:58 • #1 
Glass Fanatic
Today marks a very special day. It was the first day I was able to get out and wade my favorite river near the house. Usually I'm out a lot sooner than this, but family and work responsibilities have kept me at bay. Nevertheless, this morning I was given the green light to get out and so I did without delay!

Spring has sprung. Everything is green and there's a think layer of pollen wherever you look.

I started out using a small popper and caught a few, but I eventually went to my go to bream fly, the Capps Spider. I brought more hand size bluegill to hand than I could count and also got a good variety of other species. The 70p performed flawlessly and the stout color really looks fantastic in the sunshine.

Someone has been pigging out!

Insert your favorite crappie pun here.

The mighty bluegill. Cast after cast they were hammering the fly. I wasn't complaining.

This little redbreast still had on his Easter best. These guys never cease to amaze me. I'll put them up against any trout for sheer beauty.

Until next time, tight lines!!

Re: Sunfish on the 70p
Post 17 Apr 2017, 14:48 • #2 
Master Guide
great report! I say it a lot but the redbreast is my favorite and that one you have pictured is really colored up!! ours, here, get red tippin on the fins but never solid like that!

Post 17 Apr 2017, 15:58 • #3 
Glass Fanatic
i could do that every day til my last,great report and pics.heading for so illinois thursday.

Post 17 Apr 2017, 17:30 • #4 
Glass Fanatic
Great times! The redbreast has some stripes around the mouth that look like tropical-fish marking. Never have seen one; thanks for showing!

Post 17 Apr 2017, 17:41 • #5 
Glass Fanatic
Wow, what a great outing! All very nice!!!

Post 18 Apr 2017, 06:48 • #6 
Glass Fanatic
Nice!

Post 18 Apr 2017, 13:06 • #7 
Guide
Looks like you had a really enjoyable day, hope you have more soon.
I keep seeing these beautiful streams and rivers in all of the various posts from North Carolina....is it really that pretty down there or you all just fishing the same stream??? :lol

Post 18 Apr 2017, 23:13 • #8 
Master Guide
Very, very nice. Lovely area that you are fishing.

Post 19 Apr 2017, 08:11 • #9 
Glass Fanatic
Great post and beautiful fish! From personal experience, the 1492 looks perfect on the Stout 70P also and balances that little rod great!

Post 19 Apr 2017, 08:59 • #10 
Glass Fanatic
Thanks for the kind words everyone! I must agree with Brandon. The redbreast is one of the most beautiful fish that swims.

North Carolina truly is a beautiful state. And offers a wide variety of fishing. I live about right in the middle of the state. So in just a few hours I can be in the mountains bluelining for brookies or if I head the other direction, surf fishing for red drum, trout, blues, and whatever else is running. I consider myself tremendously blessed to love here.

Jhuskey, I couldn't agree more about the 1492. I have two, both with One Pfoot feet. One for the 64p with a Barrio small stream 4 and one for the 70p with a Barrio small stream 5. A perfect balance of form and function. And even better, I spent more for the One Pfoot parts than I did on the reels! So I don't feel bad if they​get dropped on the rocks or scuffed on the gravel when I'm lining up.

Post 20 Apr 2017, 09:36 • #11 
Glass Fanatic
That redbreast is a beautiful fish. Warmwater streams are a real pleasure to fish. Thanks for sharing.

Post 21 Apr 2017, 21:12 • #12 
Glass Fanatic
horsehead, that Barrio Smallstream is a great line! Best WF floating line I have used on a small stream... Oohhh, maybe that's the reason for the name eh? Anyway, great line!

New Topic Add Reply