It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 16:29

Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 42  Next New Topic Add Reply
Post 09 Apr 2016, 00:03 • #726 
I live outside of Austin, Tx and fish the San Gabriel, Llano, Colorado, and Devils rivers...primarily hunting both guadalupe and LM bass.

Like to also fish Montana, the Upper Peninsula, and South Fla as well...born in Tx but spent a lot of time while growing up in the U.P. hunting smallies and pike

Post 09 Apr 2016, 08:51 • #727 
Glass Fanatic
What a great photo.

The weather here has turned cold again and it feels like spring is months away. This picture is making me anxious for the water to warm and the bass to get active again.

Post 09 Apr 2016, 16:23 • #728 
Thanks carlz...I site casted breakfast to this girl this morning heh...

Post 04 May 2016, 08:39 • #729 
This seemed like an appropriate thread for my first post. Man, am I the only one on here from South Carolina? I read through most of this thread and didn't see anyone else from the Palmetto state.

I live in upstate South Carolina, Spartanburg county to be exact. I fish a lot of small ponds and streams for bluegill, bass and carp. I make it to the coast of SC and FL on occasion. I like to fish the small pocket water mountain streams in SC for wild trout. These streams require a long sometimes strenuous hike in, however the reward is solitude, beautiful views and less pressured wild trout.

Post 23 May 2016, 13:24 • #730 
I am from Rowlett TX. Have to venture out of state to chase the elusive trout. Head to the Lower Mountain Fork in OK a few times a year and just started hitting the Blue River in OK this past spring. LMF holds trout year round so that gets the majority of my fishing. Been able fish the White in Arkansas twice and Roaring River is Missouri once. This September I get to visit the Taylor, East and Gunnison in Colorado so I am stoked about that. Here at home mostly hit bass pond but hoping to be able to hit some carp spots once I obtain a Steffen suitable for the task!

Post 23 May 2016, 14:10 • #731 
Master Guide
Kingfly,
Probably more here from SC than you realize. Of course, among them is Cameron Mortenson who made this FFR thing happen and more importantly, still does.

By the way, I noticed in another post you mentioned you'd never caught a redeye bass. You can fix that pretty easy with a short trip closer to that GA/SC border and hit those mountain waters just where they turn to warmer water.

Jim

Post 26 May 2016, 20:52 • #732 
Sport
From Lancaster PA , spend my summer on the Conestoga fishing for smallies , the occasional channel cat or walleye plus carp.

Post 08 Jun 2016, 09:48 • #733 
Hello there! I'm new to the group and also relatively new to fly fishing. I live in State College, Pennsylvania. You'll find me mostly in Spring Creek during the evening hours fishing in the canyon or downstream of Fisherman's Paradise. I've also had success in Bald Eagle Creek both above and below the confluence of Spring Creek. I have noticed the trout get larger the closer you get to Foster Sayers Dam in Howard, Pa. You may also run into the occasional small or large mouth bass when you get close to the dam.

Post 15 Jun 2016, 20:55 • #734 
New to the board and looking forward joining the fray.

I live just north of Grand Rapids, Michigan. I primarily fish for trout, steelhead, and smallmouth both on the local streams just down the road and the more famous rivers in the state like the Muskegon, Pere Marquette, Manistee, and Au Sable.

Rich

Post 27 Jun 2016, 10:24 • #735 
Currently in Greenville, South Carolina. I fish a lot of private ponds for pretty much anything that wants to get hooked. I mostly look for Bass and Carp.

Post 27 Jun 2016, 10:26 • #736 
KingFly wrote:
This seemed like an appropriate thread for my first post. Man, am I the only one on here from South Carolina? I read through most of this thread and didn't see anyone else from the Palmetto state.

I live in upstate South Carolina, Spartanburg county to be exact. I fish a lot of small ponds and streams for bluegill, bass and carp. I make it to the coast of SC and FL on occasion. I like to fish the small pocket water mountain streams in SC for wild trout. These streams require a long sometimes strenuous hike in, however the reward is solitude, beautiful views and less pressured wild trout.

I'm in Greenville, SC and just started fly fishing. Where are some good spots in our area?

Post 30 Jun 2016, 12:43 • #737 
I fish mostly for Arctic grayling in interior Alaska. I live a twenty minute walk from a pretty good grayling stream, that hardly gets fished in the middle sections, because of lack of access. I also have fished all over northern and north western Alaska during the course of my working life. I know some good spots for Sheefish, Arctic char (Northern Dolly Varden), and Northern pike.
Every year or two travel to MN, WI, MI for some brook trout too.

Post 08 Aug 2016, 12:40 • #738 
I live in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio and I have just gotten back into fly fishing, having done it for years with my dad when I was a lad. It has been a couple of decades now, and I found myself with a rod and reel I procured inexpensively from an outdoor vendor at the Hartville Flea Market. My first time out was this past Saturday - I went to the Cuyahoga in the "Water Works Park" in Cuyahoga Falls.
I started wading and casting, just to get my feet wet (pun intended!), and low and behold, within an hour I had caught a small Smallie (around 6"), and about an hour later, a larger one (nearly 1') ! So thrilled to have a wonderful resource so close to home!
I'll be spending quite a bit of time in the weekends to come, crawling along our beautiful Cuyahoga River, searching for the elusive catch!
Hope to hear from some of you local to my area, too!

Post 08 Aug 2016, 13:07 • #739 
Glass Fanatic
Welcome, BearFishing! You've found a great forum; lots of experience here, and people willing to help.

Post 12 Aug 2016, 20:56 • #740 
Sport
I live in Syracuse NY and often fish Chittenango creek, irondequoit creek, Oatka, nine mile and my favorite to travel a bit further for is the willowemoc. Heading out to Henry's Fork next week for the first time so really looking forward to that. Looking forward to running into some of you upstate new yorkers on the stream.

Post 14 Aug 2016, 20:11 • #741 
Guide
Hi everyone; I'm new. I live in Astoria, OR and I prefer to blue line in the Coast Range for cutthroat. I'm also in the process of putting together a salmon/steelhead outfit this year. The local lakes and sloughs are apparently pretty good for bass and panfish. I can't complain.

Post 15 Aug 2016, 14:11 • #742 
Glass Fanatic
Welcome, Gaultheria! Don't forget to let everyone know about your blueline fishing, and progress on the big-fish rig. There's lots of interest here, as well as expertise.

Post 23 Aug 2016, 21:24 • #743 
Guide
I'm not a new member, but it looks like it has been almost 3 years since I made an official visit! That's what too much work and a couple of health issues will do to you! It'll be fun to catch up.

Post 19 Sep 2016, 13:05 • #744 
Sport
Hello everyone, I currently live in Vero Beach Florida and do the majority of my fishing in the Indian River and Surrounding canals as well as the South Florida waterbodies. I do a good bit of traveling each year as well, some of my favorite water bodies being; Devils River in Texas, San Gabriel in Texas, Owyhee River in Oregon, Hot Creek in California, and the Upper Sacremento in California.

Heres a small Tarpon on the Cabelas Prime.

Post 19 Sep 2016, 17:05 • #745 
Glass Fanatic
Welcome, CameronC! Nice fish.

Post 04 Oct 2016, 16:10 • #746 
Glass Fanatic
BearFishing wrote:
So thrilled to have a wonderful resource so close to home!
I'll be spending quite a bit of time in the weekends to come, crawling along our beautiful Cuyahoga River, !

When I lived there the Cuyahoga was so polluted it caught fire. Welcome, and keep us up how it has improved.

Post 20 Nov 2016, 17:07 • #747 
Guide
Jaime in Boise, ID. I mainly fish the river (Boise river, that is) here in town, as I don't really need to go anywhere else! Year round fishing 10 minutes from home, what can I say??? ;)

I also fish the South Fork of the Boise, as well as hitting the Big Wood River and Big Lost River this summer. Gotta check out the Owyhee, as it's so close, but....well....the river in town is closer! :lol

Post 20 Nov 2016, 18:34 • #748 
Glass Fanatic
Closest fishable water -- minimizes unproductive travel time. Gotta like it!

Post 20 Nov 2016, 19:31 • #749 
Sport
Tom McCoy in Winthrop WA. Since it is less than a mile away I suppose my home river is the Methow. However I have been known to frequent the upper Columbia, Clearwater, Grand Ronde, Deschutes, Klickitat, etc.......Great place to live if you like trout, salmon and steelhead.

No idea how to upload photos or I would put some up from this corner of the universe. Maybe next time

Post 14 Dec 2016, 18:55 • #750 
Guide
Hi there. I'm from Poland.
My home rivers - Dunajec, Raba, and dozen of small streams.
Our the most popular fly fishing fish - brown trout and grayling.

Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 42  Next New Topic Add Reply