It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 16:59

New Topic Add Reply
Post 07 Jul 2018, 02:53 • #1 
Master Guide
On the assumption that some people just don't know they can deactivate the advertisement/signature of their phone's model and the glorious Tapatalk feature in every one of their forum posts, perhaps a moderator could post about this. If folks can't figure out how to disable the default Tapatalk signature, at least they should delete that line before posting. Thank you,
Shrimpy

Disabling the Tapatalk signature:
1. Tap the 'Me' icon at the bottom right of app.
2. Tap the 'Settings' line.
3. Scroll down to 'Advanced Options' and tap the 'Signature' line.
4. Tap the toggle switch to turn the signature off.

Post 07 Jul 2018, 04:41 • #2 
Glass Fanatic
Thanks, Shrimpman. It seems most have followed the board-preferred, no signature policy by disabling as you describe or as a member preference function.

It's been easy to catch most of the occasional errors where the signature is included. Sometimes the original poster spots it and uses the edit button to delete. Or a moderator deletes and blocks the signature.

It's nice to have member feebback that maybe too many signatures are creeping in, so I'll try a tune-up; please troubleshoot it to verify that the instructions are sufficient.

Disable Signature

At the upper right of the frame, select User Control Panel.

On the User Control Panel, view the Options menu at the left vertical menu panel.

Select Board Preferences.

Select Edit Posting Defaults.

Select the "No" button for Attach My Signature . . . .

Click the Submit button.

Post 07 Jul 2018, 04:46 • #3 
Glass Fanatic
Thanks, Shrimpman. It seems most have followed the board-preferred, no signature policy by disabling as you describe or as a member preference function.

It's been easy to catch most of the occasional errors where the signature is included. Sometimes the original poster spots it and uses the edit button to delete. Or a moderator deletes and blocks the signature.

It's nice to have member feebback that maybe too many signatures are creeping in, so I'll try a tune-up; please troubleshoot it to verify that the instructions are sufficient. If you prefer not to have a no-signature default on your device, try this to set as a board preference that eliminates the signature.

Disable Signature

At the upper right of the page frame, select User Control Panel.

On the User Control Panel, view the Options menu at the left vertical menu panel.

Select Board Preferences.

Select Edit Posting Defaults.

Select the "No" button for Attach My Signature . . ..

Click the Submit button.

Post 07 Jul 2018, 05:54 • #4 
Guide
I've been going through and editing my posts after posting to delete it, sometimes I forget. This is much easier thanks

Post 07 Jul 2018, 07:40 • #5 
Master Guide
Test to see if I removed mine.

Post 07 Jul 2018, 11:31 • #6 
Glass Fanatic
Thanks guys.

New Topic Add Reply