It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 18:05

Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 New Topic Add Reply
Post 26 Apr 2018, 06:00 • #126 
Hello All,

As I live in the Brevard/Pisgah Forest NC area, wanted to pass along that we have had a lot of rain the past few days and more expected later today into the overnight hours. Point being all the nearby rivers and streams are running high(and throughout this entire region).

It now seems doubtful I can make Friday's meet and greet however as I work at Davidson River Outfitters I will be in the shop both Saturday and Sunday so hope to see some fellow glass geeks in the store. For Saturday I'll have a mix of Steffen, T. Morgan, Kabuto, Blue Halo, and Epic rods that I've built that anyone is welcome to stop by and pick one up for some fishing.

In the shop I'll be the one with the beard that these days has a number of "silver threads."

Cheers,

John

Post 26 Apr 2018, 07:28 • #127 
Glass Fanatic
streamstalker wrote:
Hello All,

As I live in the Brevard/Pisgah Forest NC area, wanted to pass along that we have had a lot of rain the past few days and more expected later today into the overnight hours. Point being all the nearby rivers and streams are running high(and throughout this entire region).

It now seems doubtful I can make Friday's meet and greet however as I work at Davidson River Outfitters I will be in the shop both Saturday and Sunday so hope to see some fellow glass geeks in the store. For Saturday I'll have a mix of Steffen, T. Morgan, Kabuto, Blue Halo, and Epic rods that I've built that anyone is welcome to stop by and pick one up for some fishing.

In the shop I'll be the one with the beard that these days has a number of "silver threads."

Cheers,

John

Thanks so much for the report John. Looking at today’s radar for the area isn’t looking so promising but hopefully it won’t be so bad.

I’ll be leaving here in a few minutes with a few stops on the way.... hoping to get camp set up before any significant rain rolls in.

Post 26 Apr 2018, 08:43 • #128 
Guide
Good thing it didn't rain at the Coulee last year!

That's the thing about traveling 1200 miles to fish for 4 days.......

Doesn't matter what the weather is like.

Post 26 Apr 2018, 20:50 • #129 
Glass Fanatic
If the rain has cleared out but the river is high, it just gives you more time to cast and tell stories.

Post 27 Apr 2018, 07:19 • #130 
I live just over the mountain from there in SC and fish that area often. Most of the rivers and creeks will clear fairly soon after the rain has stopped. The stream gradients are pretty steep and levels usually drop back to normal within a day. The forecast for this afternoon and through early next week is outstanding.

Insider tip: I fished the D last Sunday afternoon. It was overcast with sporadic lght showers and air temps in the 50s. Olive Caddis Pupa worked well fished as a dropper below a heavier nymph.

If you “hunt” your way up the river, you may catch a glimpse of one of the area’s White Squirrels. The Brevard area gray squirrel population has some interesting genetics.

Post 28 Apr 2018, 20:18 • #131 
Thanks again for setting this up, Chris. It wss great meeting several new people and hanging out with you all. I'll have to get active on this forum again and keep in touch.

Ross

Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 New Topic Add Reply