It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 05:03

New Topic Add Reply
New member from Alabama
Post 15 Sep 2017, 22:49 • #1 
Sport
Hello, I'm a new guy from Alabama. I do most of my fly fishing in Tennessee and North Carolina. I love fishing with fiberglass rods. Having been an avid traditional bowhunter and longhunter (flintlock rifles for squirrel and deer), I guess it's no surprise I'm drawn to the old school fiberglass and cane fly rods. I have several Fenwick Feralite fly rods in excellent condition, some fly rods passed down from my grandfather, and some rods I have resurrected. I also have 3 rods that I am working on now. A new Lamiglass build, a resurrection of an old Heddon rod that belonged to my grandfather, and a rebuild of a great casting Eagle Claw that I wanted to re-wrap with more guides. I don't have any highly collectible rods, but I have some bargains that cast like a dream IMHO. I've got a few vintage reels as well. I'll post some pics when I have a little time. I'm glad to be here and look forward to learning more about glass rods and hopefully contributing in a positive way at some point.

Tight Lines! Greg

Post 16 Sep 2017, 08:48 • #2 
Master Guide
Welcome Greg! Seems like you are already at the addict stage, so you're in the right place :)

Tim

Post 16 Sep 2017, 16:18 • #3 
Sport
Welcome, Greg!

Guessing you're in the North part of the state? Bmbailes (panther branch bugs) is up near Huntsville, I'm down here in Montgomery. I fish local ditches creeks and ponds, and get up to N GA and W NC whenever I can.

Chris

Post 16 Sep 2017, 17:10 • #4 
Master Guide
Welcome!

Post 16 Sep 2017, 21:40 • #5 
Sport
ISO1600 wrote:
Welcome, Greg!

Guessing you're in the North part of the state? Bmbailes (panther branch bugs) is up near Huntsville, I'm down here in Montgomery. I fish local ditches creeks and ponds, and get up to N GA and W NC whenever I can.

Chris

Yep Chris, Albertville. I know who Brandon is, but have not met him. I grew up fishing Lake Guntersville and local ditches too.

Greg

Post 16 Sep 2017, 22:08 • #6 
Glass Fanatic
Welcome, Greg! You live in a great area. Have fun with your great fiberglass rods.

Post 16 Sep 2017, 22:24 • #7 
Guide
Welcome, I'm a bamboo rodmaker in Huntsville and I dabble in fiberglass as well. I've gotten into kayak fishing and would love to get your thoughts on good parts of Guntersville Lake for kayak fishing (via PM).

-Bill

Post 17 Sep 2017, 10:29 • #8 
Glass Fanatic
Welcome eagle24 (Greg)!

New Topic Add Reply