It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 01:03

New Topic Add Reply
Post 11 Jun 2017, 16:08 • #1 
Glass Fanatic
They've moved the event to the new home of the Fly Fishing Museum in Carlisle as opposed to the Allenberry. (maybe 10 minutes apart).

This is a fun show. Vintage gear, glass and bamboo, tiers, and it supports a good cause.

For more details.
http://www.paflyfishing.org/news.html

Post 11 Jun 2017, 20:40 • #2 
Guide
Will be there, can't wait!

Post 14 Jun 2017, 20:42 • #3 
Master Guide
I saw this info on another forum... credit to Dave Weaver on PaFlyfish.com

Some additional news on the PENNSYLVANIA FLY FISHING MUSEUM'S 2017 Heritage Day Event....

Everyone is welcome. Please join us on June 17, 2017 from 9:00 AM until 4:00 PM at our new location at 101 Shady Lane, Carlisle, Pa 17013 for the 15th Annual Heritage Day event!

We are offering a great day of activities: Over 60 Fly Fishing Vendors, Exhibitors, Seminars and Speakers. All-day Fly casting
instruction and Fly Casting Games, Fly tiers, Artists in action, Raffles and Auctions. Also this year we will have Vendors from the
National Lure Association joining us. Events will be held in the museum, the adjacent Comfort Inn, and along the banks of the Letort Spring Run.

Presentations:
10:00—Ed Jaworowski / "Casts and Techniques for Dry Fly Fishing” under all conditions.

11:00—Tom Gilmore / Presentation to include highlights from Tom’s new book: “Fly Fisher’s Guide to Pennsylvania”

1:30—Greg Hoover / “Stream side Aquatic Insect Identification
Demonstration”

1:00 PM 2:00 PM / “Fly Fishing Basics with Julie Szur” Join expert
guide and fly angler Julie Szur on the banks of the Letort Spring Run as she demonstrates some of the essential basics of fly fishing:
approaching and reading the water; trout stream insects; knots; fly casting; and other topics. Julie will be glad to work with students who bring their own equipment to help them improve their casting and fishing skills.

2:30-3:30 PM / “Casting Glass with Jim Rainey” Before graphite rods became popular in the 1980s, most fly anglers fished with fiberglass rods. Now glass rods are making a comeback. Most major rod companies and some boutique rod makers have rediscovered the qualities of glass rods and have introduced them to their rod inventories. Join Certified Fly Casting Instructor Jim Rainey as he discusses and demonstrates the wonderful casting and fishing qualities of both vintage and modern fiberglass fly rods.

Partial Vendors Lists...Jerry Girard, Jerry Kustich, Dave Krup, Tom
Mulutzie, Ken Reinard, Tom Herr, Paul Kearney, George McCabe, Hank Wagner, Grahame Maisey, John Capowski, Raymond Hencken, Takatoshi Kumakiri, Tom Ames, Tim Texler, Bill Ferris, Andy Rapach, Bob Hosack, Mike MacFarland, Mary Anne Lard, Tom Glace, Tony DiCicco, Dave Allbaugh, Richard Metzger, Tom Baltz, Don Holbrook, John Conrad, Ron Holsinger, Dave Weaver, Rick Nyles, Frank Swarner, Cumberland County Valley Trout Unlimited, Healing Waters, Chuck King.

Admission at Event $10.00, FREE admission for children 15 years of age and younger. Lunch Trucks will be available to purchase lunch. Suggest you bring a chair as event will be along the Letort Spring Run....

Post 15 Jun 2017, 18:26 • #4 
Glass Fanatic
salvelinus wrote:
I saw this info on another forum... credit to Dave Weaver on PaFlyfish.com
<SNIP>
Lunch Trucks will be available to purchase lunch. Suggest you bring a chair as event will be along the Letort Spring Run....

Thanks for posting this. I will definitely bring a chair, and I wouldn't have thought of it.

Post 19 Jun 2017, 18:20 • #5 
Glass Fanatic
So who was I talking to at the Casting Tent around 1pm?
I was wearing a blue T-shirt.

Carl

New Topic Add Reply