It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 06:04

Previous  1, 2 New Topic Add Reply
Post 08 Jun 2017, 12:50 • #26 
Glass Fanatic
I was one of those waving to the Express before the designated time to depart dock and had to drive around through Chicago for a business trip. I guess that's why they call it "Estimated Time of Departure". My mistake was not showing up at their designated time. Someone else was able to buy a ticket in place of me. What really torqued me off was not getting a refund. If they sold my ticket, why couldn't they refund my money? I would have thought they had changed their policies but maybe not.

Post 08 Jun 2017, 13:13 • #27 
Glass Fanatic
I had a friend come over to visit me, leaving her car on the MI side. She got stranded in a similar manner, except she didn't have a car to drive back around. Since it was the last ferry of the day, she was forced to spend an extra night in WI. Her ticket was honored the next day, but again, without apology. The people who run the Lake Express are probably ex-DMV employees who have a 'take it or leave it' attitude. I was very interested in taking their ferry up until that day.

Post 08 Jun 2017, 14:24 • #28 
Glass Fanatic
I've taken both and they have they have they're pluses and minuses. I think the choice should be determined mostly by convenience of locations and timing of departures and arrivals.

Previous  1, 2 New Topic Add Reply