It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 14:05

1, 2  Next New Topic Add Reply
Post 21 Jul 2011, 20:23 • #1 
Glass Fanatic
Hello Fiberglass Flyrodders!
I am happy to announce the upcoming Scandinavian Glass Clave 2012. I have just started to plan this event. It will take place somewhere in Sweden or Norway in mid june next year. We will have a large shootout with fiberglass rods from all over the world. There will also be an auction where the benefit will go to local river preservation.
The majority of the FFR members live in the US, and I also consider your country the motherland of fiberglass rods. This makes it extra special for me. Over the past year, I have made new aquaintences on this board, people I now consider my friends. If you by any chance are interested in crossing the pond, please don't hesitate to contact me. Me and my friends will do our very best to make your stay here as pleasant as can be. 
Your pal in Sweden,Chris

Last edited by chform on 13 Jun 2012, 16:12, edited 2 times in total.

Post 22 Jul 2011, 15:01 • #2 
Glass Fanatic
Beautiful photo! Chris,

It should be a wonderful Clave!
I wish I can have a chance to visit the beautiful Sweden next year. One of my good friend in the lab is from Uppsala University. Maybe it is possible to visit him and participate the Clave. Great post and idea!
Mark

Post 31 Jul 2011, 20:17 • #3 
Guide
Great idea, Chris!
I'm hoping the clave works out well!

Japanese Glass Clave ... I hope someday.

Post 04 Aug 2011, 17:55 • #4 
Glass Fanatic
any chance it'll be held anywhere near Bergen, Norway? if so, my wife might join me as she and her family are from Bergen. are there decent trout waters in southwest Norway?

Post 07 Aug 2011, 19:10 • #5 
Glass Fanatic
We still haven't yet decided where to hold the clave. Our friends in Finland (Customline, Fullflex, jtm) have shown interest, and I also have avid fiberglass guys in Norway. My best guess is somewhere in the mid west of Sweden, somewhere not to far from the norwegian border.

Tonemike - There are nice trout spots all over the scandinavian peninsula. I'm sure our norwegian friends can give you some good advice on the logistics if you choose to participate with base camp in Bergen.

Mark - Uppsala is very close to where I live. Don't forget the watercolors if you plan to come here. I'm a huge fan of your skills.

I'll keep you all posted.

/Chris

Post 08 Sep 2011, 17:52 • #6 
Administrator
Christian ... this looks excellent.

Post 14 Dec 2011, 06:48 • #7 
Glass Fanatic
I’m happy to announce some more details on the upcoming Scandinavian Glass Clave.

It will take place in Malung region, with base camp in Öje, June 8-10, 2012.

http://maps.google.se/maps?f=q&source=s. .. n&t=h&z=15

We have chosen this location for several reasons. It’s located very convenient for travelers. The airport and train station in Mora is not far away, and by car it’s close for our Norwegian friends. There are plenty of good waters in all sizes; Large rivers with arctic grayling and smaller streams for some delicate trout fishing.

Fishing in this area at this time of the year is perfect. Summer has just arrived and the large mayflies begin to hatch. If the warm and mild conditions continue, we will have an early spring and the water levels should be just about perfect at the time of the clave. My friend Jonas Nordigårds (founder of the largest Flyfishing Forum in Scandinavia, Edgeflyfishing) lives in Öje and has fished the area all of his live and he will guide us to his honey holes.

Accommodation is not yet decided. It depends on the amount of participants. There is a hostel in the village, and we can also stay at Jonas place. Me and Jonas will host the clave, and we have had interested questions from Norway, Finland and the U.S. so far.

We do this because it’s fun. We want to gather people so we can try out new gear, on the lawn and on the water. Those of you who fish Tenkara (not fiberglass) are extra welcome to the clave. We will take care of the food and entertainment. We plan to hold an auction where the benefit will go to local water preservation.

So far we no budget for the event. We will get back on this during the winter. If you have ideas or questions, feel free to express them here or via personal message.

Kind regards from Sweden,
Christian

Last edited by chform on 14 Dec 2011, 06:57, edited 1 time in total.

Post 14 Dec 2011, 06:51 • #8 
Glass Fanatic
Here are some pics from the actual location of the clave:

http://www.edgeflyfishing.com/FP/galler. .. er/tenkara

Post 14 Dec 2011, 06:51 • #9 
Glass Fanatic
See you next year!
/Chris

Post 14 Dec 2011, 12:30 • #10 
Glass Fanatic
Chris,
That looks awesome. Wish I could go, maybe an annual event? That way those of us who can't come this year might be able to get out there eventually.

Dusty

Post 14 Dec 2011, 12:43 • #11 
Glass Fanatic
Dusty - If it turns out the way I hope, I see no reason not to make it an annual event.

:)
Chris

Post 22 Dec 2011, 19:57 • #12 
Administrator
Christian ... looking dapper as always. HA ... Nice stashe.

Post 03 Apr 2012, 02:46 • #13 
Glass Fanatic
Hello Fellow Flyrodders!

Here is the official announcement of the Scandinavian Glass&Tenkara Clave!

Feel free to contact me with any questions.

Christian

Welcome to an early summer weekend with smooth fiberglass rods and exciting delicate Japanese Tenkara fishing!

Scandinavian Glass & Tenkara Clave will take place in Öje, located just north of Malung. Öje is conveniently located in the midwest part of Sweden. The airport and railway station in Mora is not far away, and by car, it's not far from Norway. There are plenty of good water to fish. Medium sized rivers with grayling, and tiny streams for brookies.

The second weekend in June does not collide with midsummer or the summer vacation. The fishing season in the area usually starts in mid-June with big dragonflies, and the mild winter will help us out and hopefully bring us perfect conditions. Jonas has been fishing in the area since a boy and will guide us to the honey holes.

The main reason for this event is to have fun. We want to socialize, try out fiberglass rods and Tenkara sticks, on the lawn in Öje and on the water. There will be lots of interesting rods to try. Classic fiberglass rods from Winston, Scott and Hardy, and new advanced fiberglass tapers from FH Paddock, Mario Wojnicki, Kabuto Rods, Thomas & Thomas, TL Johnson, Mike McFarland and Larry Kenney. There will be a bunch of interesting Tenkara-rods from Sakura, Shimano and Tenkara USA.

There will be a large barbeque on Saturday evening. Please let us know if you want to join, so we can calculate the food! Fishing permits are solved on spot with Jonas. Recommended accommodation is at the hostel in Öje.

Christian and Jonas are hosting the event. At the moment we have more than ten participants, and the amount is growing every week. We expect visitors from the Nordic countries, and we are very proud to announce Chris Hendriks who is the only by Tenkara USA certified tenkara guide in Scandinavia. No matter if you are newbie or master class, Chris will help you out to improve your tenkara skills.

Sign up is made by email before May 15. Don't forget to reserve accomodation at the hostel.

Welcome!

Christian Hörgren

Jonas Nordigårds

Links:
http://www.oje.se/turism/vandrarhem-3504104
http://www.ogstrommen.se/FP/index.php

Post 03 Apr 2012, 03:25 • #14 
Guide
Christian,
thanks for the info, look forward to meet you there! You can add Cummings and Orvis to your rods-to-try list ;)
Counting days ...

Mauri

Post 03 Apr 2012, 03:28 • #15 
Glass Fanatic
Mauri - I'm so pleased you are coming! And I'm even more pleased we get to fish one week later in Finland. All thanks to this wonderful forum!'

Christian

Post 11 Jun 2012, 01:28 • #16 
Glass Fanatic
The clave is over for this year. We had a wonderful time, with lots of laugh, fishing and fiberglass rods. I will upload some pics the upcoming days. Here's a picture of me, Jukka (Customline) and Mauri (Fullflex). If you look carefully, you might be able to find three fiberglass rods in the picture (one brown Scott 3wt, one Sci-Ang 6wt and one Glastech).

brb/Chris

Post 13 Jun 2012, 16:03 • #17 
Glass Fanatic
OK, this thread needs pictures.

Post 13 Jun 2012, 16:04 • #18 
Glass Fanatic

Post 13 Jun 2012, 16:06 • #19 
Glass Fanatic
Here comes Mauri (Fullflex)

Last edited by chform on 13 Jun 2012, 16:13, edited 1 time in total.

Post 13 Jun 2012, 16:07 • #20 
Glass Fanatic
And here's Jukka (Customline)

Mauri flexing the Kabuto 7'6'', 4wt in the sunset

Last edited by chform on 13 Jun 2012, 16:14, edited 1 time in total.

Post 13 Jun 2012, 16:08 • #21 
Glass Fanatic

Post 13 Jun 2012, 16:52 • #22 
Glass Fanatic
I see we weren't the only ones casting many many rods. How many Euro-rods? Any Pezons in the mix?
RFMcD

Post 13 Jun 2012, 16:58 • #23 
Glass Fanatic
Looking back through the pictures I think I did spy the the Bleu, Blanc, Rouge signature wrap of Pezon.
RFMcD

Post 14 Jun 2012, 02:13 • #24 
Glass Fanatic
RFMcD - The collection of Fullflex and Mauri was 95% US rods. A few Hardy's might have slipped through the net, but I don't recall any P&M. But there were a lot of rods. And a lot of wine. So I might be wrong. HA!

Post 14 Jun 2012, 10:10 • #25 
Glass Fanatic
chform wrote:

Was this the "Strongest Angler in the World" contest of the conclave? :)

Wonderful photos, Chris!

1, 2  Next New Topic Add Reply